Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: What is your must have        (Topic#1573505)
res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

Hello all!!! It has been nearly 12 years since I have done any scrapbooking. I went to my local art store and was very overwhelmed with all the possible tools and teqniques available. I wanted to know what is worth the investment!! Stamping, embossing, alcohol inks, binders, nesties, pearl mists and it goes on and on!!!!!

Thank a bunch,
Tricia

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-07-12 08:35 PM
In response to res19s2d

Tim Holtz Distress Inks. You can do SO much with them. A quick internet search will lead you to lots of great ideas. Stamping, distressing, masking...it goes on and on. Because they are slow drying, the are also very forgiving.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to gone

What colors are your favorites?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-08-12 06:31 AM
In response to res19s2d

These are the ones that I use the most.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to gone

Yup I got hooked on these products also. Very versital. A good paper trimmer, buy a 12 in so you can cut any size paper. Oh and my other thing that is making me crazy not to have right now, is my corner punch and my punch that makes little slits to slide photo corners into. Some of my scrapbook stuff is still in TX.
Scrapbook trends have changed SOOO much. Your best best would be check out the videos on this web site and get a feel for what is new and see what you like. ENJOY and welcome back to the addiction.

kellyshoaf
Idol
kellyshoaf
In response to AniPie

So glad to have you back in the fold! I have a ton of tools, but one that is super versatile that I love is the Cuttlebug--you can die cut or emboss with it--use spellbinders nesties, cuttlebug embossers, or sizzix emboss/die cuts with them--no electric needed. Also cutter bee scissors for fussy cuts--a must and not too expensive. Enjoy!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to kellyshoaf

My Cricut Expression and my Slice machines!!!

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann
In response to debby_westbrook

The thing I find I am using all the time is the glue dots, to add ribbon,buttons,nearly any kind of embellishment. They just are so easy and versatile, do not have to wait for them to dry. They beat glueing things any day. Be sure to invest in a good 12 by 12 paper cutter and replacement blades.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to gone

Thank you so much for making it so easy for me!! Greatly appreciated!
I think I will start with vintage photo and black soot.

Edited by res19s2d on 04-08-12 04:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

Queen what are your favorite cricut cartridges?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to res19s2d

Storybook, both Paper Dolls, Kate's ABC's and Nate's ABC's... I have 76 cartridges and everyone has something special on it that I love...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My ATG!

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to Henri Jean

My Cricut.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to cshortel

I am a punch addict, specifically, the Martha Stewart border and around the page punches ... I use them all the time to make strips, fancy circles, large mats, everything

you can get them for 40 or 50% off with a coupon and they are very versatile

welcome back to the insane asylum

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to madmatter

I bought the ATG and I love it!!!
I own one punch and it is a Martha Stewart around the page.
I got a cricut for Christmas 2 yrs ago and I'm just now getting around to using it. I just haven't had time to scrapbook and the cricut was some what frustrating so I just gave up on it!!
I have the time now and I couldn't believe all the goodies available!!! I just don't have the money to get it all at once lol!!!(:

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to cshortel

What are your favorite cartridges?

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to res19s2d

I love Create A Critter, Country Life, Camping Critters and George is great for versatility. Nates & Kates ABCs are great too.

Resident
In response to res19s2d

Love all the tools, papers adhesives, etc. I've accumulated over the years.

However, I'm not naturally artistic and have to do and re-do constantly. My "go-to" product--why Un-du, of course!!!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to oilbrat

I love my Creative Memories personal trimmer! Also my Fiskars 12" guillotine trimmer, double-sided photo tabs and PENS! I'm a huge pen and marker junkie.

Jen

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to JenKoss

You know I have wondered about the ATG. What do you love about it? What do you use it on and is there anything you find you can't use it on?

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics