Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: What is your must have        (Topic#1573505)
aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to AniPie

I love how easily it goes on and how well it holds - I especially love it for ribbon and for items like mini-albums where the pages won't be in protectors and the edges will be handled. I try to avoid it with items that need to be very precisely placed because the adhesive is too strong to safely move things once they've made contact with the glue.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AniPie

Once I got my ATG I actually wondered how I got along with out it!

I like not having to keep buying those expensive little tape runners and stop constantly and buy another and get them out of the wrapper. And I hate hate hate paying for the little packaged ones - so expensive!

With the ATG I pop in my roll of tape and I'm good for 20 or more layouts and I use it heavy. The tapes are 18' and so much more cost efficient than anything else I know.

Plus the ATG gun is substantial and I feel like I have a lot of control.

I use acid free and I have two, one for my scrap desk at home and one for my crop wagon which stays packed for crops.

The ATG is good for photos, matting and anything almost except for tiny detail letters and small pieces. I use the Zig glue pen or xyron for small letters and embellies.

I use glue dots for flowers and heavier things or if I'm working with velvet, flocked or glitter paper.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to AniPie

NESTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the more the merrier!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to AniPie

A good paper trimmer is a must. The one Cricut cartridge I use all the time is Base Camp font cartridge. It works great on titles. I also love my T-square ruler that helps me get things nice and straight on my pages.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to olleharr

If I have pictures, paper, markers, and adhesive I can scrap.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to jaspernonyx

Sketches! I'm a sketch hoarder.

New Kid On the Block
In response to res19s2d

I felt the same way today when I discovered my first scrapbook store.
I don't know if I could choose just one thing...I would have to say my Cricut and Cuttlebug.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Disney5228

Obviously I need paper or cardstock and some adhesive, but for "extras"...my Avon tweezers, the hook from the Cricut accessory pack and my adhesive eraser...and I use Tim Holtz' see-through ruler a lot.

The tweezers are so precise. I use them to pick up little stuff and/or hold things in place. I use them to hold small things that I'm blasting with my heat gun to save from blistering my fingers. (A heat gun is a must if you want to do heat embossing. I know some use toasters, but heat guns aren't expensive, especially with a coupon.)

The little hook is about all I really use out of the Cricut accessory kit, but I use it so much it makes it worth the cost. (Sometimes I use the scraper also.) The hook is especially good for moving little stickers around and getting letters lined up. SB.com has a similar one that I've listed below.

The adhesive eraser is perfect for a glue klutz like me. No matter how careful I am, I usually manage to have a little bit hanging out where it doesn't belong. The eraser takes it away and also cleans up my sticky tools. I didn't see it on sb.com, but they are little squares of rough rubber. You just cut off the dirty part when it gets too full of adhesive.

The ruler is good since I use an x-acto knife quite often. The ruler has a steel edge. I had a wooden ruler w/the little metal strip and I'd make metal shavings when I tried to cut a straight line. It has lots of nifty features for laying things out nice and even.

I like all my toys, but these are my go-tos.

Edited by mrsdriver5 on 05-04-12 08:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sillybean
New Kid On the Block
sillybean
In response to res19s2d

Oh, my Silhouette Cameo (no cartridges needed) and all things Tim Holtz! Yes, distress inks, stamps, masks, embossing folders, etc. I like his style- not too "cutesy". I also like to just go on You Tube and watch random videos on new products just to get ideas. Once you get creative in your head, it's just a question of how far you want to go!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to sillybean

Idea books, letter stickers, punches, buttons. Im sure theres more lol.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to Mia1979

Since you inquired about our favorite Cricut cartridges, I'll mention a few of mine. The CTMH Art Philosophy has a little bit of everything on it, and the cuts are easy to assemble. I also love Elegant Edges, Doodletype, Create a Critter, Straight from the Nest, Preserves, Picturesque, and Lacey Labels.

I cant craft without my ATG, Glossy Accents, Tim Holtz distress inks, 12" trimmer, Cutterbee Scissors, tweezers, Scotch Quick Dry, ribbon, bling,and dimensionals (pop dots).

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to AniPie

I have bought the ATG gun with a coupon!!! I absolutely love it!!! So easy and lasts forever!
I also bought elegant edges cricut cartridge that I'm having a lot of fun playing with. Making a mini album for Father's day.

Now the world of nesties!!! They are so pretty!!! Still debating if it is a good investment since I already own a cricut.

andolyn
Tenant
andolyn
In response to res19s2d

Oh dear. I've been attempting to scrapbook since the fall and I only have a slight idea what you guys are talking about! I'm sure I'll pick things up eventually.

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to andolyn

I love playing with the distress inks so much fun!! All you need is a couple colors to start and the blending tool. With a coupon it's a fairly cheap product that provides a whole lot of fun!!

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to AniPie

My ATG and my Cricut/Gypsy love everything

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to res19s2d

I'm a paper junkie. Whenever there is a 40 or 50% off sale, I scoop up another 2 or 3 stacks. I like paper in stacks best. I have a TON of patterned paper, but very little colored card stock. I need to start stocking up on that now too!

I love my Cricut and haven't had it very long. I just got Elegant Edges and I am soooo happy I did. I also like Alphaliscious Font cartridge and I have Just Because Cards but I haven't used it yet. I also bought Pretty Pennants and I'm excited to use that soon. If you don't have one already, I suggest getting the spatula tool. It picks up little pieces and helps pick up the paper from the sticky mat.

I use my ATG all the time, for almost everything. For flowers and other embellishments I use the Glue Dots, mini, pop, etc. I like those a lot. They also work pretty well on the glittery card stock that is just hard to stick stuff on top of. For anything small, or letters, I use my Xyron 150 sticker maker. I used this SOO much at my weekend retreat that I went through 1 and 1/2 refills. I am probably going to get the 500 before my next retreat.

I really like my Zig Writers, I got them all at once in a carrying caddy because it was cheapest in the long run.

I stock up on albums when they are on sale. I use post bound right now and haven't had any trouble with them, but I am slowing switching to D ring binders.

That's all I can think of right now!

Good luck!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to AniPie

I started with an album - Creative Memories, and grew from there! As a true scrapper, I have become a bit of a collector. I have learned from others, used their treasures and figured out what I would actually use and acquire. Being the ever thrifty person, I keep an eye out at thrift stores, garage sales and craigslist for scrap book stuff.

Aside from a good album to start with, a paper cutter is a must. I have the Creative Memories small one for trimming photos - I love this! Have a 12" one for trimming the paper. I actually have about 3 or 4 different sizes, but that has been over time. Wanted a small portable one to take to crops, have a larger Purple Cow I got at Costco.

Glue, glue dots, & mounting stuff a must. One of my absolute favorites is a Zig glue pen made by EK success. LOVE this thing! It is great for small items.

As a Cricut devotee, I have all the things necessary for that. I started with the "Baby Bug",got hooked, and now have 4 machines! one of each! I guy my cartridges on sale, ebay, and once in a blue moon on craigslist.

Bling, glitter and ink are really handy to dress up a page. I got an embossing gun with powders, etc after using a friends and deciding I liked it. Found one on Craigslist.

The other thing I decided I really liked after using a friends was the Big Shot embossing machine. Unfortunately it is in California (I am in Florida) so haven't used it much. I really like it.

Tools: I love the Xyron machines, have two different sizes - they apply adhesive to either the letters I have cut on my Cricut, or larger things (depends on your Xyron size). Cutting mat, the Martha Stewart Scoring board (got w/a 50% off coupon at Michaels so it was only $10) - that is if you want to do card making.

Corner Rounders from Creative Memories for trimming photos.

Unless you have an unlimited budget, start small and grow. Get the basics, got to some crops or scrapbook expos and do make and takes to learn techniques and see what you like doing. Most of us scrappers are pretty good about searching out bargains. ALWAYS use the coupons that Michaels, Joann, Hobby Lobby or AC Moore have. Sign up for them online so you get them every week. They always have some scrapbooking items on sale. Every now and then I get lucky at Wal-Mart and find something on clearance - I have gotten some cricut cartridges that way. Not as much anymore though.

I just got back from Scrapbook Expo in Orlando. I love going to those things. It is incredible what you see there! go to www.scrapbookexpo.com to see when the next one near you is and go!

Have fun!

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to AniPie

I love my cricut machine. I have many cartridges and am always purchasing more whenver I can afford them. Since you are just starting out, you may want to get a cartridge that has various images so you have something for most holidays, etc.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to pwiswell

I love my Fiskars trimmer(S) and my Cuttlebug and Slice.

-Ace-
-Ace- 
Expert
-Ace-
  • -Ace- on 06-19-12 01:31 AM
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I started scrapbooking about 3 months ago, the idea came out of nowhere and since then get hooked up on scrapbook.

First i bought scrapbook kits that include album, papers, stickers, cardstock from Walmart; since it's a little harder to get scrapbooking stuff down here in Hawaii. It's a decent kits for a beginner like myself, love the colors of the paper too.

I bought some tape runner but later found out that i prefer dots runner, also glue dots to stick some of chipboard.

Scotch wrinkle free glue stick is one of my favorite glue, 'coz it never wrinkle papers. Had a bad experience with Elmer's glue pens before, messy work etc LOL! Also this glue stick helped me a lot with my SMASH book project.

Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad, reinker and paper distresser - No Doubt!
I'm starting to purchase more of it, definitely in love with how amazing Tim Holtz's distress products.

Recently i'm trying to play around with stamps, bought my first wooden stamp but thinking that it might be taking so much space to store it if i buy more, so i've decide to get rubber cling stamp. Is anyone tried acrylic stamp? How was it?

Please share your ideas with me, i would love to learn more. Thank you~

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics