Username Post: How do you store your Sizzlits and Nestabilities?        (Topic#1573519)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

I'm talking about the dies themselves, not the plastic sleeves.

Thanks!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to LesleyC

i have mine in a over the door shoe/jewlery organizer. im making a magnetic storage for the spellbinders i found on youtube

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
i have mine in a over the door shoe/jewlery organizer. im making a magnetic storage for the spellbinders i found on youtube

Sorry, I just reread my post. I was not clear.

How do you store the dies *in* the sleeves. Do you have them taped to anything (like how they come in the package) or just loose in the sleeves? Or do you take them out of the sleeves altogether?

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to LesleyC

Right now I have mine in a CD case, but I think I'm going to put them into DVD cases that have magnets in them and store them in baskets labeled.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Sneezy1956

This is how I store my dies:

Spellbinder Die Storage (updated) By Mother Goose" title=" Spellbinder Die Storage (updated) By Mother Goose"Link

This is how I store my Spellbinder dies. Part 1. White board with magnet strips (out grew this) Part 2. Magnet sheets (bought at WM - come two 5 x 8 sheets to a package. Package is $1.97. I used 12 packages. Sheets have adhesive backs and are stuck to back of my scraproom door. Works for me and the magnet sheets hold the dies tite.

Edited by Mother Goose on 04-08-12 07:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to LesleyC

• LesleyC Said:
I'm talking about the dies themselves, not the plastic sleeves.

Thanks!

ARTBIN JUST CAME OUT WITH A CASE WITH MAGNETIC PAGES for these. They just introduced them. They are plastic cases that have handles. They lock tight so you can carry them. They have magnetic pages that fit into them. Each case will hold 21 magnetic pages. The case with 3 pages is around. $16 bucks. Refill pages are in 5 packs I think for maybe around 8 bucks.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to anda11

My Sizzlits are in the plastic cases designed to hold 35 dies. However, I am largely unable/unwilling to get rid of the packaging - sometimes I recycle the plastic but I always keep the paper inserts. An alternature solution I consider back when I had only a few was baseball card pages, but those would only be able to hold the small ones, not the medium and strip ones.

I have one set of Shapeabilities, and it hangs on my Clip-It-Up with the plastic over it like a sleeve.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to aquabunny

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but my Nesties are stored like this:
Nesties Storage By Dwelch

And my embossing folders in a CIU like this:
Big Shot Die Storage By Dwelch

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to LesleyC

they are placed in the pockets no case just the dies. i also save the insert/ front page for refrance/name. those are all stored in a binder. love the other ideas being shown!!

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to LesleyC

I take them out of the plastic, keep them on the backing card, & put them in one of those magnetic photo albums that are super cheap now that we all know better than to use them for our photos. Holds tons of them neatly & fits conveniently under the drawer of my computer hutch.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to GemGirl

each set is in a DVD case, with the cardboard folder stuck between the case and the clear plastic. I also put colored paper in there so I can categorize the dies by color. Then I label the spine of each case and store them on a shelf. I have fifty of them (Or I will when I get the ones I just bought) and I need more shelf space

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
each set is in a DVD case, with the cardboard folder stuck between the case and the clear plastic. I also put colored paper in there so I can categorize the dies by color. Then I label the spine of each case and store them on a shelf. I have fifty of them (Or I will when I get the ones I just bought) and I need more shelf space

Holly, can we get a picture of this? I for the life of me cannot figure out what you mean about the cardboard folder

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ohio4HMom

My camera batteries are charging, but I'll get a pic up for you tomorrow,,,,,,,

you can see the dvd cases here,,,but you really can't see what I do with the folder,,,I put colored paper between the case and the plastic that holds the DVD cover (which I remove) and then cut the cardboard folder that comes with the dies that has all the pics of the dies on it down to the right size and slip it on top,,,,,

it sounds complicated, but it's not,,

I'll put up a photo tomorrow for you!

spellbinder storage By CommaHolly

Edited by CommaHolly on 05-04-12 04:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

thanks! are you talking about dvd case like in the movie dvd's - putting the colored paper where the movie title picture etc goes?

I took all our movies out of their holders and put them into a cd holder so this may work

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ohio4HMom

yes yes yes!

that's what DH does, so I have hundreds of the things!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

I store my Nesties like this:

Nestabilities Storage Front By DittoBabyGirl

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Sizzlit dies are stored in the plastic containers,
QK dies in the QK binders: