Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: NEW ARTBIN Magnetic page case to hold Spellbinders/Lifestye crafts dies        (Topic#1573535)
anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

ARTBIN JUST CAME OUT WITH A CASE WITH MAGNETIC PAGES for these. They just introduced them. They are plastic cases that have handles. They lock tight so you can carry them. They have magnetic pages that fit into them. Each case will hold 21 magnetic pages. The case with 3 pages is around. $16. bucks. Refill pages are in packages of 3 for around 8. bucks.

Here is a link to the Artbin Site that announces this on their news section

http://www.artbin.com/news/default.asp?l=crafts&p=F...

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

btt

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to anda11

Omg.....can't wait to see these. Thanks for posting. This could be just what I am looking for.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-09-12 07:54 AM
In response to PhotobearSam

Oh, wow, this looks so cool!!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to stick

Oh wow! That could be my answer! Jo-Ann's is having an Artbin sale this week -- wonder if these are available yet?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to LesleyC

I think this might be a must get item!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to *jesse*

TFS!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to dotfree

I do not have any dies... but love Artbin, so I googled it and found this youtube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkLd6TsJfVg

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Rushli

thanks for posting this ... my nestie collection is growing exponentially (21 and counting), but I just figured out a fantastic storage system ...

Each set is in it own dvd sleeve on a magnetic 5x7 piece glued to a cardboard backing ... I then cut the card that came in the case that has the name of the set and put that in the sleeve as well. All the sleeves are in a small container I got from The Container store and the whole thing sits on my desk and takes up no room at all. Best of all, I can add maybe 50 more to the case before I would need to use another one.

I got the pack of dvd sleeves at Target for maybe $5 and I am thrilled with the results.

Expert
In response to madmatter

Don't ya know that that I just bought some matboard..cut it down...and put magnet strips on it for my dies and put them in a case. Auuughh...now I need one of these!!!!!

Edited by deedee49 on 04-09-12 04:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to deedee49

It would cost me a fortune to store my nesties like this I have fifty sets,,,,PLUS I like to have the original cardboard folder so I remember how many dies each set has,,,,,sometimes I forget.

BUT this is great for my Grand Nesties,,,,,,,they don't fit in the DVD cases I store my regular ones in! thanks!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to CommaHolly

Sounds cool. I cut a piece of magnetic vent cover the size of the cardboard folder it comes in. I put the Nesties inside the cover on the magnet. It keeps them all nice and organized in one place.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to 950nancy

Love the idea but not big enough for all I have. I'd like a better way to store mine

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sneezy1956

How do you store them, Jane??? I know it took months for me to find a method that works for me. And my method wouldn't work for everyone,,,,it's pretty individual, and it depends on tons of things, not the least of which is storage space.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

that's why I found the dvd sleeves instead of the cases Holly ... they take up WAY less room, are completely clear so I can see what's in them without opening them up, and fit easily in desktop storage (my shelf space is at max capacity)

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to anda11

I really like ArtBin products, but that's a pretty spendy storage solution. I use one of those old magnetic photo albums. I keep the set on its backing card (Holly, you can write or label the number of dies in the set, or keep the front panel, too) & pop it into the album. An 18-pager will hold 36 sets, & it tucks neatly under the drawer of my computer hutch. Best part is, they're super cheap. If you want to keep it closed to carry it, just wrap an elastic headband around it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
that's why I found the dvd sleeves instead of the cases Holly ... they take up WAY less room, are completely clear so I can see what's in them without opening them up, and fit easily in desktop storage (my shelf space is at max capacity)

I cant quite picture it,,,,,,what is a DVD sleeve???

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

WANT!!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to PhotobearSam

This looks similar to how I already store mine. I use the plastic Iris case like they have at Michael's. You can get them on sale for about $6 (or use a coupon). Then I take the 12x12 chipboard backings off of paper packs, or from inside paper that's been shipped to me. I bought a roll of magnetic strip and just put enough strip down on the chipboard sheets to hold each set of nesties. Then the chipboard sheets just stack on top of each other in the Iris case. It works really well and holds my HUGE amount of dies. I'd need 2-3 Artbin cases, at least. These are a great solution until your collection gets huge like mine, though. Thanks for sharing!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

• CommaHolly Said:
  • madmatter Said:

I cant quite picture it,,,,,,what is a DVD sleeve???

a clear plastic envelope that fits dvds ... the same height and width as the case, but MUCH thinner ... I bought them in a pack of 25 at Target (in the section with the cd and dvd cases)

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics