Username Post: Cards        (Topic#1573559)
mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

Ok all you card ladies, I need some advice. I make diaper cakes as gifts or for baby shower center pieces. Anyhow I would like to include a handmade card to go with them. I've looked in the gallery for ideas and found alot of cute ones. I am really interested in the ones that I think are stamped and colored? Do you buy the stamps and then color them or are they digitally colored ones? I don't have any stamps or markers to color yet. How hard/time consuming is it to color? I think I would rather do digital images for ease, what are good markers to use (other than the expensive Copics)? Any ideas on good digi websites? Sorry for all the questions, I am probably opening a whole new can of worms with making cards!!! But when people purchase the cakes from me I think it would be really nice to have a card to go with it.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to mstasha

Unless you are very interested in coloring digis and it is something you would do often, I wouldn't bother getting into copics. They are pricey!

I did both of these cards using printable digital images from the Graphics Fairy. 1st was printed b&w on pink cardstock and the second is a colored image printed on cream cardstock.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to kelseymel

As Melissa indicated, you can get precolored clip art or digi images. If you don't want to get into the expense and time of coloring, I'd do that. It takes me a while to color an image, because I blend my colors with copics. Coloring is therapy for me, though.

Also, Graphic 45 has a new line of Baby paper that is adorable. I think they have some die cuts that you could use instead of printed images, too.

You can make adorable cards without any images at all, too. There's a card shaped like a onesie that would look really cute to go with your diaper cake. I'll see if I can find one for you to show you.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Here's the Graphic 45 paper.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Ok, if you go to the search function in the gallery here, unclick everything but "cards" and put in the word "onesie", you get lots of examples. Super cute and require no image!

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to mstasha

You can find a bunch of diaper card instructions and templates here

Plus more templates for diaper cards

HTH

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to PokeyMom

I stamp or use digital images and then color with copics, but there is some really adorable digital images that you could print. you might want to check pintrest for images.

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to Sneezy1956

If you would like Freebies please visit my blog and I have a list of links for all kinds of freebies. For example one is Creative Elegance Designs and on the side of her blog she has links to FREE Baby kits. I haven't posted on my blog for a while and keep meaning to get back to it but the links are still there. Some Great sites for Freebies. Just type in Creative Elegance Designs in Google Search and her blog will come up. Good Luck and God Bless
Brenda

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to mstasha

Thanks everyone for the replies and the links. The diaper cards and onsie cards are adorable. So many cute possibilites...so little time. LOL. Well I will be giving it my best shot today and see what I come up with. I will post it in the gallery if it's not too bad.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics