Username Post: Best?        (Topic#1573639)
ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

I'm pretty sure I asked this before, but I can't seem to find the Versafine ink pad So any other inks you guys like? or what do you guys think of:
-Inkadinkado Ink pads
-Versamark Ink pad
-Memento Ink pads from Tsukineko
-ColorBox Ink pads

thnx in advance

bashfulscrapper
Idol
bashfulscrapper
In response to ScrappinGirl162

I'm still a bit of a newbie with stamping (been scrappin' for a while, but just recently became obsessed with card-making and stamping), but I'll share my experience, for what it's worth:

I does seem that the Versafine (Onyx Black) gives me the crispest stamped image, so I reach for it when I really want that extra fine detail. However, before finding the Versafine, I was perfectly happy with Memento, and I still use it for a lot of my stamping. (I only have the Versafine in black, but I have several colors of Memento.)

I also like the Colorbox chalk inks, but for different things. I use the Versafine or Memento if I'm going to color in the image, but I'll often use Colorbox for a slightly softer look, or for things like inking the edges of my paper.

I think they're all good inks - they just produce slightly different results.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to bashfulscrapper

I use Memento Black and Brown for stamped images. Those I color with Copics and pencils.
The colorbox inks I use for text stamping and any other background stamping, the images I dont color. They are perfect for the clear stamps.
I only know versamark for embossing powders, they work good for that. Those three is what I use most. The colorbox inks can also be used the same way as Tim Holtz would for the edges to create that old vintage look. I use those all the time for that. I dont mix it with water tho.
Hope it helps...

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to TheCharmedOne

I find I use different kinds of inks for different things.

For stamping, I like archival, memento, distress and staz on - depending upon the surface, the look I'm going for and what else I'm using with it.

Have fun and experiment!

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to Kim222

thank you all I sure will have to experiment!

bkaradzhova
New Kid On the Block
bkaradzhova
In response to ScrappinGirl162

I love Memento Tuxedo Black and I use it always when I colour the image with Copic Markers. For sentiments I prefer using the Brilliance Graphite Black. It takes longer to dry but the result is amazing

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics