Username Post: what tape or adhesive        (Topic#1573693)
Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

do you use on vellum?

I made some invites on vellum and I was in a hurry and used glue dots - not real happy that it really showed but they had to be done for someone - at their request - asap and they were fine with it

but what's your choice for tape/adhesive when using vellum

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Ohio4HMom

I like ATG tape for this.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Mother Goose

awww man I should have used my ATG I just used my mono

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-13-12 07:57 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

ATG or Glue Dots if I can hide the area where the adhesive is.

I use 3M Photo Mount a lot, although this completely adheres the entire piece of vellum and you lose the "ghosty" quality of it unless you're using something like an eggshell finish vellum, or colored vellum. Sometimes layering 2-3 pieces of vellum will help retain the ghostiness.

I also use eyelets and brads a lot instead of glue.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to stick

I've yet to be happy with any adhesive under vellum---seems they all show through. Even the runners that state they are MADE to use with vellum. Ive never tried the ATG, though, so I don't know about that.

I either cover where the adhesive is (with an embellie) or I also do what Stick suggested and use eyelets and brads

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-13-12 08:07 AM
In response to Kim222

ATG shows through. Another idea is to use photo corners. Your creativity with embellies really starts to develop with vellum, lol. Think about covering a glue dot or tape line with a little gem, ribbon, button, flower, Washi or other decorative tape, any little punched shape, etc., etc.

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to stick

I juse bought scotch vellum tape, but have yet to use it. Has anyone tried this? Does it not show through?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to michelley2002

I use tape runners specifically made for vellum if I want tape, but I prefer to use brads/eyelets/staples instead. If I use tape I use as little as possible and try to cover it with embellies

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to MrsAnnieS

Always use my 5" Xyron - not a thing shows through anywhere. It is perfect!

I want to get a larger xyron for larger pages but the 5" is big enough for most of my journaling blocks.

Cruise Days 3, 4 & 5 By Henri Jean

There are some gray spots on the center of each page - those are actually a half-tone of the ships logo which is a drawing of the ship. It's not glue or anything - you don't see adhesive at all with the Xyron.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Henri Jean

I use either vellum tape or brads

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Just G

I like Xyron and also brads and eyelets

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Sneezy1956

I tried to hide it with a ribbon but the ribbon didn't quite do the trick. I should have used a punch and thread the ribbon through but they wanted them fast and well I figured it was their choice but I hate putting stuff out their knowing I did it and people will know that

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Ohio4HMom

Sometimes my Xyron

Edited by debby_westbrook on 04-14-12 07:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Ohio4HMom

Glue Dots Vellum. You get 10 sheets in the package..

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to debby_westbrook

Xyron.

I've used my xyron for velum and its the only thng that worked without showing. Except for covering the entire piece with some clear cheap glue that came in a cheap kit that someone gave me. If your pieces are small you can try that next time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics