Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Adhesive Poll! Chime in!        (Topic#1573695)
katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady

Ok this isn't a "check a box" poll, but I am researching what adhesive everyone uses the most.

For adhering paper and lightweight embellishments, what do you use most? Zig Glue, Tombow Runner, ATG, FabriTac, etc.?

I'm comparing costs so if you can say exactly what type and brand of adhesive you use that would be especially helpful!

Thanks for any input

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to katiemylady

I mostly use mono adhesive from tombow

I have an atg but I've never really used it

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-13-12 07:53 AM
In response to Ohio4HMom

In order of use: ATG, glue dots, 3M Photo Mount, Zig, Xyron, Scotch quick-dry, foam dots. No single glue works in all circumstances so it's good to have an arsenal.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to stick

I use ATG, and glue dots the most. I used the mono adhesive Tombo runner for years, but the adhesive wasn't as strong, and I went thru the cartridges way too fast.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to luv2scrap:)

ATG for paper, pop dots for dimension, double sided tape for ribbon and lace and pearl strings, Glossy accents for flowers, hot glue occasionally for flowers if I want them to dry fast and I am doing cards, and paper glue for minibooks and altered items if I don't want the paper to wrinkle.

Yep, tons of glue

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to luv2scrap:)

Like Stick and Holly said, its good to have different adhesives for different applications.
I've linked the ones I use but I've also started using Scor Tape which I didn't see in the superstore. It comes in different widths, and I've been using it to make my own tissue tape.

Hope that helps---happy polling!

Edited by Kim222 on 04-13-12 09:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to Kim222

I use my tombow runner the most, but go thro them very quickly. Scotch quick dry and glue dots as well. I have foam dots but hardly ever use it
Hope it helps

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to Noelles mom

Love Scor-Tape, has a very strong hold, is great for making boxes adding lace or other somewhat heavy emblishments. For light weight or flowers tend to use glue dots, for the 3d paper flowers I use Arlene's tacky white glue, takes longer to dry but have no complaint on hold. When making LOs or cards layering pp I use my GlueArts Pro ATG.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Noelles mom

ATG for pp and cs, Scrapbook Adhesives mounting squares for photos (not sure why I still use them but I do), Zig Two Way for letters and small pp embellishments - I also use a Tombow glue pen for tiny letters), and Zots for flowers, etc. I use my ATG for ribbon if it is thick enough and opaque.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to rockmom

For paper, I use the Tombow MonoAdhesive. I buy the refills in bulk.

writerlady
Expert
writerlady
In response to rockmom

ATG, quick grab liquid, pop dots, foam tape, Scor-Tape

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002
In response to rockmom

I use scotch double sided tape. Its easy and I've gone back to layouts that were a year old to change them and the tape was still holding strong-like very strong and was difficult to take apart. I also use glue dots, foam pop outs, aileens glue, and sometimes a hot glue gun.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to writerlady

I use all of these!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to melissadam

I use plain old scotch double sided permanent tape for pretty much all my scrappy needs-bought in bulk on ebay! It is acid free and photo safe and all that fun stuff! But I use red line tape for heavier projects, mainly chipboard mini bindings

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to katiemylady

I use my ATG almost exclusively. For very small stuff, I use the Zig, and for flowers etc. I use glue dots of various sizes. But I absolutely RELY on my ATG. Oh, and pop dots.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to meezerpleaser

ATG almost exclusively here too.

ZIG 2-way for most letters.

Xyron "X" for some small shapes, but not much - I seldom use it at all anymore.

Xyron 5" for journaling on velum

Glue dots for glitter paper or other fabric/type papers that are hard to adhere to or for heavy items.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Henri Jean

ATG, 3L adhesive squares, Zig two-way glue pen (NOT the squeeze-and-roll, but the felt-tip), glue dots - and occasional some pop foam.

Edited by aquabunny on 04-13-12 11:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to aquabunny

I use tape runners, dots and liquid glue

Edited by Just G on 04-13-12 01:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Just G

ATG, Pop Dots and Best Glue Ever along with Glossy Accents in just that order.

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to Sneezy1956

You all have been very helpful, thank you! Once I found a place to buy refills in bulk I've been using my pink ATG like crazy. But you're all definitely right, one glue doesn't work for every purpose in scrapbooking. I also have glue dots, foam dots, Aleen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue, Xyron X, hot glue (that gets used quite a bit since I adhere heavy embellishments and alter items a lot), red line tape, and Glossy Accents for glitter and diamond dust. And on one occasion I actually used Gorilla Glue to keep a stubborn flower on an altered metal letter! I managed to used little enough to not get the foam around the flower but enough to keep it stuck real nice

If you haven't chimed in yet, I'd love to hear your go-to glues!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics