Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: April/May recipe card swap - SWAPPED OUT/CLOSED        (Topic#1573701)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Since we're halfway through April, I'm extending this into May. This will allow more time to finish the cards. This swap will include three categories, Family recipes, potluck, and Mexican.

Here's the catch: Since this is a scrapbooking site, your recipe card will have to be decorated scrap book style. Say for example, your recipe is chocolate covered cherries, could make your recipe card on brown and red cardstock, add some cherries or red gems/ribbon.

When you sign up, please let me know what your recipe will be and an alternate, in case someone beat you to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Sign-ups will be accepted until 5/5/12. Cinco De Mayo
2. Recipe must be typed out.
3. Recipe card must have at least 3 embellishments
4. Recipe cards must also be made out of a heavy duty cardstock or similar material that is acid free for those who wish to put this in a photo album and must be 4x6. You can make it 8x6 and fold it in half or do a 12x6 and make a trifold.
5. The number of recipes cards you make will depend on the number of people who sign up. I am going to limit it to 10 people per category. If there is more interest, then I might start up a second group.
6. All cards must be in my hands by 5/25/12, that does NOT mean post mark day. I will be swapping them out that week. I want to make sure everyone has their cards in their hands before June!

7. Mailing: I will try to use the same envelope as long as it's in good condition. If it's been used numerous times and the outside is getting thin, then you might want to get new envelope. Please include a return address label. I have enough tape, so I can tape it on, if needed. Include the same amount of postage, plus four 10 cents extra postage stamps.

For people swapping from overseas - I accept Paypal. Pm me for my email address.

** A FAMILY RECIPE **

1. Sally - Aunt Toddy's Apple Cake
2. Jessica - funeral potatoes
3. Nicole - Italian Love Cake
4. Janis - Aunt Bette's Almond Pound Cake
5. Craftncorry -Grandma's Tuna Casserole
6. pwiswell - French Meat Pie (Tourtiere)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

** POTLUCK **
1. Sally - twice baked beans
2. Jessica - pizza joes
3. Nicole - Loaded Baked Potato Salad
4. Janis - Philadelphia 3 Step Mini Cheesecakes
5. Craftncorry - Strawberry/Rhubarb Squares
6. Melissa - Crock Pot Mac N Cheese
7. pwiswell - Ding Bats

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

** MEXICAN **
1. Sally - Spanish Rice
2. Jessica - knock of Chili's salsa
3. Nicole - Calypso Burritos
4. Janis - Layered Mexican Casserole
5. Craftncorry - Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
6. pwiswell - Beef Fajitas

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 06-18-12 06:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to Lookin4newideas

I'll take a spot in all 3. Not sure of my recipes yet

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo
In response to jessicaLB

Okay, excited about this one and I already know what my recipes are going to be!
Family - Italian Love Cake
Potluck - Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Mexican - Calypso Burritos

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22
In response to jessicaLB

I will take a spot in all three also! for Family category - Aunt Bette's Pound Cake; Mexican - Layered Mexican Casserole; Potluck - Philadelphia 3 Step Mini Cheesecakes...

Let me know if the Potluck needs to be a meal or if I can go with dessert! Thanks!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to johnniesgirl22

Yay, glad to see everyone back. I held onto Nicole's cards and she'll be sending the ones she redid for March's swap, so you'll be getting hers in this month's swap. There were other people who had their mail lost this past month as well. I'm wondering if the post office cut back so much that they couldn't handle tax season. That reminds me, Jessica, did your flowers ever make it in the flower swap?

Instead of family recipes, it looks like it should be cakes!

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo

i hate what the cut backs have done to gamefly and netflix... it used to take a couple days to get there and back... now it sometimes takes almost a week. we kept gamefly because we usually keep a game a couple weeks before turning it in for another one... but with netflix, we would watch and send right back and then have to wait forever. we stopped netflix, now we just do redbox.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Kit Scrapo

AT least we're helping keep them in business!

Kit Scrapo
Pro
Kit Scrapo

yeah, i was telling a friend the other day... i have to go to the post office... she looked at me with a quizzical look and asked "why? can't you do everything online these days?"

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 04-13-12 04:18 PM
In response to Kit Scrapo

i can do all 3

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to laba

I'm going to have to skip this month. Sorry. I have so much going on right now. I'd love to follow along though if you don't mind.

craftncorry
Resident
craftncorry

please sign me up for all three groups. I just need to search through a few cookbooks to find the perfect recipes , will post when I have decided, if that's ok?

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to craftncorry

Melissa, I don't mind you following along at all. Hope you can join in next month.

Welcome craftncorry. Not a problem, just let me know when you decide which ones you want to do so I can post on the front page. This way we don't have duplicates. Also, please be sure to check in at least once a week. If I don't hear from you, I may cross you off the list. If you haven't done so already, be sure to add this forum to your favorites.

Yesterday, I finally put all my recipes cards in a holder since I started this swap in October. I got the goosebumps when I was done leafing through the pages and got them again typing just now. They are going to make one nice family heirloom to hand down to my grandchildren (that's if my daughter survives her teenage years). And I have used the recipes a few times. Not to mention, I've been digging through my old recipes and started making them again. I got away from cooking for awhile but with the way the economy has been and not working, I can't afford to eat out. So this swap helps me out in coming up with a variety of things to try at home.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Ok, I'm doing twice baked beans for my pot luck.

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 04-14-12 06:45 AM

for my mexican i will do tamale pie
for my family one i will dosweet and sour chicken wings
for the pot luck one ill do swedish meatballs

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 04-14-12 06:47 AM
In response to laba

i think ill get them started as soon as i find my stamps and print them out what are the colors to use
also does anyone know how to make a home made recipe box for these or what do yall use

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to laba

I think we all have different ways of storing them. I know some ladies in the past used a recipe card box, one used a photo album, that you can slide them right in. I have an index card box. I picked up off of Freecyle a freestanding recipe card holder that I finally filled last night and they look amazing. The rest I put in a small photo album that they just slide right in.

I've seen plain wooden boxes that you can decorate at Michaels. I'm sure other craft stores would have them too, in the wooden section. I had bought one that had a a print on it and was on clearance and decorated over it. I made it for someone else. I want to make one for myself one of these days. I got a bunch of corks from wine bottles and sliced them. I hot glued them in rows on the top lid and along the rim. That way you could use push pins to hold the cards or notes in place. I kind of liked the way it looked. I never made any thing altered before. I would hold off on making them yet until sign ups are closed. OR, since, I'm going to limit the number of people to 10 to a group so the maximum will be 10 cards you have to make, if you do want to go ahead and get started. If we don't get 10 people, the extra cards will made a nice hostess gift to give someone if you join other swaps.

johnniesgirl22
Veteran
johnniesgirl22

Hey Sally I just realized I told you the wrong name for the Family one - it is Aunt Bette's Almond Pound Cake - not that is matters but I was reading the posts and saw I had left out one of the main ingredients!

Hope you are having a great weekend...sending you ehugs!

Melissa Birlem
Guru
Melissa Birlem
In response to johnniesgirl22

When are you closing sign ups? I have a few perfect recipes for these categories, but I want to make sure I finish all the stuff I already committed to first.

laba
laba 
Veteran
laba
  • laba on 04-14-12 10:01 AM
In response to Melissa Birlem

sweet

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Melissa Birlem

Melissa, I put on the first page 5/5 as the last day for sign ups. You have until 5/21 to mail them in. So, if you're thinking about it.. maybe just one recipe? We have a good group going so far this time around, you might regret it when May comes around. You can always sign up and if by 5/5 you find you have too many other commitments, you can back out and not be considered flaking.

Mmmm, I live almond pound cake... Tastefully Simple has a mix that's really good, but really expensive.

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics