Username Post: Workshops        (Topic#1573717)
elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2

Is it okay to ask other people on the forum about their experiences with workshops? At the moment I am looking at two from Big Pictures, but realize it is probably wise to choose one.
The first one is the Double Take workshop which is back. I love the idea, but I am not a scrapbooker who works with lots of layers and things like that. I love to use some embellishments on my LO's, but they are not the main feature.
The other one is the Finish Line Scrapbooking. I know this one is self paced.
I am really torn between these two (and I will be away from a week during the Double Take workshop) and any advise or suggestions would be appreciated!

Els

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to elsje2

I prefer self paced workshops or at least workshops that are so long that if I have to take a break because of real life, I can make up the time.

I enrolled in Ali Edwards' One Little Word this year and as soon as I did, life got complicated and I didn't have as much time to devote to everything. I'm in the process of getting ready to go to an all day crop (in fact, I should be in the shower right now!) where I will work on getting the project caught up and back on track for me.

I am unfamiliar with either class. Which one is going to teach you something you desperately need or want to know? Which one is going to meet your needs? Why are you looking at each? Which one fits into your schedule and scrapping style better? Is one of them going to force you outside of your comfort zone and is that something you need to do right now? When all else fails, flip a coin.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to moxiegirl23

I did a class from BPS a while ago. It was about dimension, with Nic Howard and was great! I really liked it and had a great time.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Nancy Keslin

I have done BPS classes before and did enjoy them.
Liz, thank you for your questions, because it has made me think. I do prefer self paced workshops, because I can do them when I have the time. I have discovered I tend to forget about them and need someone to remind me of being in them.
So for now I have decided to go for the self paced one, simply because I do believe it fits my scrapping style. The other one does look great and both of them would meet a different need, but from what I have seen, it is a different style.

Els

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics