Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Vacation Albums: What size album do you typically use?        (Topic#1573727)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to elsje2

I agree. I find that I actually scrap a very small number of photos that I actually take! BUt I do fill my pages with photos - want to keep enough to tell the story.

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to Henri Jean

For me it always depends on the vacation. For example, Disney World usually requires 2 12 x 12 albums because I take so many pictures. It is hard to leave certain pictures out too because of all the different rides and characters, etc. I have done 8 x 8 albums though on vacations that just my husband and I went on, because I seemed to take less pictures without the kids. Plus I enjoy doing a different size because 12 x 12 is my typically size for everyday scrapping as well.

Edited by ollychelle on 04-15-12 02:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ollychelle

I'm currently doing an 8x8 album to send to my inlaws in New Zealand and am finding it way too small. I will finish it as is and send it but it's frustrating. By the time you put one photo or a couple mini photos on a page there is not much room for anything else. I like to embellish and use techniques on my pages and I'm finding that I can't do much of that at all on 8x8 books.
The album that I do for us to keep will be 12x12 for sure....
Alison

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to kiyawinn

12x12. I have one travel mini - a weekend trip from 1995 that I scrapped in 2009 - there wasn't enough to do a whole 12x12 album of it, but more than two 12x12 pages' worth (so too much to stick in my catch-up album - I don't do more than one or two pages in my main albums for a trip that I've done a full album of). So I used a little 6x8 album. I think that was my first mini, actually. (I don't think of 8x8 as mini, because of the page protectors and traditional binding, but anything where either dimension is smaller than that, definitely.)

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to LesleyC

12 x 12 are just easier to get more pictures on one page. I usually have 200-300 pictures and my Alaska cruise had over 900 pictures. I want to get the most out of my pages.

We have professional portraits done when we went to Jamaica and Key West and I made mini albums with those in addtional to the 12 x 12.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to aquabunny

In high school I started with a 8.5x11 - I added the pages to one my mom made for me. It worked just fine, but when I bought my first vacation album I went with 12x12. Next trip I tried a 8x8.. but it was hard to do cause it was small and my brain just could not think in a 8x8 mode. I now have 3 vacations to scrap and am thinking about doing a mini for each. Of course I have been thinking about making minis to sell at our local craft fair this fall and would need to have some example for display... so that may have factored in a bit

ETA: Some of the mins I have been looking at have room for around 40 pictures and that should work for 2 of our trips, and the last one I may have to go back to a 12x12, but since I am making the mini anyway, I will see if I can make it work.

Edited by Rushli on 04-16-12 09:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to elsje2

I do 12 x 12 pages most of the time but recently started a mini album for our cruise excursion to Grand Cayman. I try to be as flexible as possible so that I don't become stagnant.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to SoonerT

I have tried other sizes but the 12x12 is what seems to work best for me. Lots of room to play!

dew3162
Tenant
dew3162
In response to LesleyC

I use 12x12 for everythings. I have tried to go smaller and I just don't feel like I can get the pages to look the way I want on a smaller canvas. Not to mention I'm a camera freak and take way to photos. I have been trying to trim down on taking photos but it's hard

~Denise

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics