Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Choosing ONE manufacturer for 8 years of scrapbooks        (Topic#1573729)
Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
  • Kitty_wOlf Said:
  • cindy312 Said:
  • madmatter Said:
she must be a VERY good friend for you to do this for her ... I hope she appreciates it

Oh, she does appreciate it. And she's paying me. Well.

wondering how many pages your planing for the album...

She wants about 6 pages per year, so 50ish pages.

wow. that's alot of work... how long do you think it's going to take you? are you a fast scrapper?

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Kitty_wOlf

No, I'm not a fast scrapper, but I am a simple scrapper so that helps. And she wants a scrapbook that's even simpler than what I usually make. And with no journaling, that will cut down the time significantly.

I have no idea how much time this will take. I have to squeeze it in with 4 Design Team and/or Contributing Artist gigs that already take up 99% of my creative time. Fortunately she doesn't have any deadline!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to cindy312

Could you pick Echo Park and change the line within the different years? Echo Park has the cutest lines for boys and girls. Also rather partial to Bo Bunny. Echo Park also has new mini packs that have 6 pieces of patterned paper and embellishments that match. They are about 7 bucks each, but you wouldn't have to purchase so much of one line.

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to 950nancy

I couldn't do it, especially covering years. My personality is too eclectic.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
If it were my friend, I would tell her I would help and advise her and even scrap with her but I wouldn't make the decisions or do all the work.

I have friends who loved my travel scrapbooks and when they hinted or asked me to make one I've told them I would love to help them and we've worked on them together.

That way it is her responsibility to pick the papers and pictures and things, and it would be a fun thing to do together.

THIS is good advice and take a look at Henri Jean's gallery, she has a very doable scrapping technique.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:

For simplicity's sake and to create uniformity, I'm thinking that I'll work with ONE manufacturer for all the patterned paper. Otherwise I'm going to spend too much time going through every possible paper to pick the perfect one for each page. What manufacturer would you choose and why? Any other thoughts or tips???

Thank you!!!!
Cindy

Based on simplicity, I would definitely go with WRMK for their albums. If you use the divided page protectors as someone else mentioned, add a little adhesive. I've had issues of pictures and paper coming out. A little light adhesive that isn't obvious and I'm back on track now.

As far as one manufacturer, I do enjoy WRMK for their variety as well, but I think Echo Park is a little more fitting with the all the pages of your gallery that you have posted, since your friend likes your style.

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 04-16-12 05:26 PM
In response to cindy312

what if you made a year in review type of album for each album. pick a picture or two from each month.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
No, I'm not a fast scrapper, but I am a simple scrapper so that helps. And she wants a scrapbook that's even simpler than what I usually make. And with no journaling, that will cut down the time significantly.

I have no idea how much time this will take. I have to squeeze it in with 4 Design Team and/or Contributing Artist gigs that already take up 99% of my creative time. Fortunately she doesn't have any deadline!

wow. this is very cool... just so you know. it really is a chellange and i'll love to hear about the progress. also i would reacomen usung sktches... really cool.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

I had the consultation with my friend last night. We got a lot of things hashed out. I am going to get some of the EP Dots and Stripes, but I'm also going to supplement with stuff I already have. She's gone through her 2011 photos and realized there are way more pages she wants than the original 6 she was planning. I'll be working on her pages bit by bit - no deadline, stop or take a break if I need to, etc. I'm looking forward to getting started!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

• Kitty_wOlf Said:
it really is a chellange and i'll love to hear about the progress.

I'll be blogging about it for sure!

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to cindy312

Echo park is a wonderful choice but I wouldn't limit it to dots and stripes. The have lots of collections to choose from too. Boy, girl, dog, you name it and they have a collection that fits.

Can't wait to see it as you go along!!!

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to cindy312

I think I would have trouble limiting to 5 to 6 pages a year. That's not many to journal a family's activities. Not sure how I would go about it. I do know I would at least like her input on what kinds of papers and themes she wants. Have fun. Sounds like a challenge.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics