Username Post: How do you organize sayings and word embellishments        (Topic#1573731)
Veteran

Most of the my embellishments are well organized except my general quotes and one word embellishments. As a result, I don't end us using them at all because I do not feel like digging through them every time. How does everyone organize your embellishments that are generic sayings and words? Thanks!

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to GAKropper

All of my flat embellies - stickers, die cuts and rub ons - are sorted into 12x12 sterlite drawers. One drawer I consider "words" - any words or phrases that don't fit in another category. It's pretty mixed.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapsweet

I have 4 12 x 12 3-d scrapbooks (the cheap ones from HObby Lobby). They all 4 have about 40 protectors in them which is 80 pages with both sides.

I have all my words, diecuts, stickers (except letters - those are in a carrying case for crops) and flat things (not dimensional flowers) but flat flowers and even cardstock I've bought that is shaped around the edges in the books.

I take the white paper that is in the sleeves and tape the packages all over it.

The first book is "Bling" "Full Page die cuts" and "Flat Flowers" - the packages they come in are just taped there so I can pull them off. Some of the packages are bigger than they need to be and those are trimmed.

The next book is "Cat" "Animals" "zoo" "Hospital" "Sports/Games" "Pool" "Food/grill/restaurants" "Scrapbook/scissors" "Handyman/HOme Projects" and "Misc."

Book 3 is, "General Traveling" "USA by state" "International by Country" "Cruise" "Beach" Diving" "Aquariums/fish" "Lake"

The Last book is "Holiday" (starting with Valentine's Day, then St. Patricks, Easter, 4th of July, etc in order ending with New Year's Eve), "Birthday", "Babies/Children", "Engagement/wedding". Anything to do with love is under "Valentine's Day"

I just look on the spine of my scrapbooks to see which book they are in and then thumb through to find it.

I'm using a lot more of my diecuts, words, stickers and flat embellies since I orgainzed like this.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to Henri Jean

I don't have so many of these and thus can't really explain my system for their organization, but I would think that organizing by the theme you are likely to use them with is probably a good way... like Henri Jean is suggesting. I would probably either put them in a book or file system under the theme headings... such as travel, children, pets etc. Sometimes a small basket with dividers is a good filing system for me. Hope you have luck finding something that helps you use these better.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Wow Henri Jean you mentioned this before but this is a great idea.

I usually only buy embellies that I can really envision using and I have a fear of "losing" something in the mix or mess. So I have the 12x12 boxes for specific projects. I have a "Motorcycle Box" and everything I buy specific to that is in that box, no matter if it is brads, ribbon, stickers, paper. i'm hoping I won't "forget" something I bought with a project in mind. I tend to shop that way mostly.....I have no idea why.

For more general embellishment I have boxes labled "Brads & buttons" "Ribbon".

But I just purchased from SB.com cropper hopper for paper and I am going to move all single sheet paper to that.

Edited by CrimsonMama on 04-14-12 06:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

Henri, I love that idea!

I keep mine in 3 ring binder albums but they are so heavy and bulky I'm finding. I have them sorted - sorta - by theme (holiday, flowers, alphabet, farm, animals, etc)

I may have to switch that out for lighter albums of some sort
More stickers & embellishments By Ohio4HMom

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Ohio4HMom

I have a couple of PSB's with different styles of refills (they come in different configurations depending upon your needs). I even have some baseball card holder sheets in there for smaller items.
Products Referenced in This Post:
PSB Binder - Black/Navy (Discontinued)

Edited by Kim222 on 04-14-12 07:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

I could see that working well too.

I have tons (probably 50-60) of the overlays you just add pictures to - the opening are cut and words and graphics are on them already. Those fit in my 12 x 12 protectors right along with the themes.

CrimsonMama - thought of yoyu becuase I needed a diecut of a motorcycle - went to travel "general" with cars, planes, boats, interestate signs, etc and pulled out one of a motorcycle to use on my Vietnam layouts. There about about 50-75 motorcycles to every car or truck in Nha Trang and I have street scenes with all the motorcycles eveyrwhere, plus Bill and I rode on the back of motorcycles in Vietnam.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

How thoughtful! I have found a couple of die cuts that are appropriate and some clothes too!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to GAKropper

I use the Scraprack system. Best money I've invested for organization. You can google it.

Veteran
In response to Sunnydi

Thanks for all the feedback. I really need to get these organized so that they are easier to search through.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GAKropper

I'm amazed at how many more I use since I organized mine!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics