Username Post: suggestions for scrapping?        (Topic#1573797)
Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

while on the hunt for heritage stuff in my DH's stuff, I found all sorts of pictures and my husband and his sisters christening outfits

I can't obviously put those into a layout but I'm trying to figure out how to get them into the layout somehow...

suggestions?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

Is there any way to make a color photo copy of them and use them for a background for some of the photos?

You can also photo them and sending them to some places that will make a 12 x 12.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Henri Jean

Thats a good idea Henri, I'm sure I could take a picture and print it at Archivers even.

they need cleaned first though - hope they don't get hurt in the process!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ohio4HMom

For the original christening gown I've seen them worked into beautiful shadow boxes with other baby things. Frame shops can even do that professionally if you don't make shadowboxes (I don't have any idea how to do one.)

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

I would put them in a shadow box. That is an awesome idea.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrappnmom2il

Include other things from his childhood - locks of hair or baby jewelry or hospital bracelet and some old b&w photos! That would make a gorgeous shadow box!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ohio4HMom

Shadow box yes, or I was thinking...

I have a dress that my mom had my photo taken in when I was 6 mos old. I now have that dress on one of my old dolls. So I was thinking about taking a photo of the doll and using that in the LO. Something like that.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

When I saw this, I was wondering if you are near Archivers but I see you are. Kinkos has 12x12 copiers that I have copied layouts from. They look just like the original layout. The one in Dublin does. Cord used to have them but I am not sure if they do since they downsized. Lots of times on Tues, Archivers has copys & photo prints half off.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I am so glad Henri mentioned this. I have seen layouts done with that.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Ohio4HMom

Look at this. I would do a page about them. I would tak a photo of them too. Look at this one
public embedding is not allowed

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=313744...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to anda11

That is absolutely gorgeous! Just incredible work in that one!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

You are so right Henri. It is precious.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
Look at this. I would do a page about them. I would tak a photo of them too. Look at this one
public embedding is not allowed

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image& id=313744...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Thank you so much for the link! I think I will be taking some pics outside as soon as I can find the right spot!

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Ohio4HMom

KGNP23 By Momto3infinity

This is from one of my dd's baby album. My sil let me borrow my mil's Christening gown to take a picture of Karenna in it. I borrowed my Mom's receiving blanket for the picture too. I scanned portions of the gown and blanket and then photo edited each piece for embellies for the LO.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics