Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: I know I need help but I couldnt resist....        (Topic#1573889)
Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

OK I did say that I was on a spending diet (budget) until Tomorrow (payday thursday) but I couldnt resist. The stamps are Doodlebug (50% off coupon), I spend $4.99 a piece. The both flower packs are Recollections $4.99 with 50% off. The butterflies are 20 a pack for $1. All from M's. I spent under $16 bucks.

New, new, new Doodlebug and Recollections By Mia1979

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Mia1979

You only broke the spending diet by one day, so I dont think it counts.

I really like the label stamps on the left!

K

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to designguyKORY

Less than $20 doesn't count...your still a good girl!!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to Juansmom

Nice low budget haul I almost bought those chipboards, but I didn't know what I'd do with them. Curious to see what you do!

And I'm glad it's not just me whonha bright shiny object syndrome. something tells me we would not be very good at helping each other restrain in craft stores!

Edited by LesleyC on 04-18-12 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juansmom

I may drive to Micahel's Saturday it's a 2 hour drive but I want some of their black bags to make a paper bag album with :0 I need to check the dollar bin I love the butterflies.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Sneezy1956

tomorrow is my spending day! hope my M's has some deals

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Rushli

I am trying to be good but its going to take month's worth of good to undo the damage I did yesterday with scrapbook stuff online.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Henri Jean

I took my 50% Jo's coupon and 40%HL to Jo's yesterday. I intended to buy one spellbinder die and a TH die and some spray adhesive. Well I came across a package of Spellbinder dies that had four sets of dies (not 4 dies, but 4 sets of nesting dies in it.) It didn't have a bar code nor a price, but I put it in my cart anyway. I couldn't use my coupons on the other dies, because they were already on sale. When I got to the checkout, I had the salesperson check on the price of the 4-pack. It had been $80 but was on clearance for $40. I asked her if I could use the coupon. She said she could try. Guess what, it worked. I got it for $20 - or if broken down $5 a set for the spellbinders dies.

My "weekly" TM run got me TH fragment (glass tiles) for $4 (regularly $10 and a package of grunge 12 x 12 paper for $1.49.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Mother Goose

Nice haul!

Gawd...isn't it hard to NOT buy scrappy stuff? I said I wasn't going to buy anything til May-was gonna go to the scrapbook expo. So what do I do? Buy a Cricut Imagine. I had to though...I bought an Imagine cart 2 months ago. Couldn't use it cause I didn't have a Cricut Imagine lol

I'm this close to knocking down the wall between my scraproom and my sons bedroom (he moved to Vegas 2 years ago) I need more room!!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie

Where are the doodle bug stamps at you have posted in your gallery, I love the owl set, the alpha & the birthday!!! Ive not left my house since Im broke, but omg when I get cash ... omg

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sassie

WOW Kaye - I need to shop with you!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

• Mother Goose Said:
I took my 50% Jo's coupon and 40%HL to Jo's yesterday. I intended to buy one spellbinder die and a TH die and some spray adhesive. Well I came across a package of Spellbinder dies that had four sets of dies (not 4 dies, but 4 sets of nesting dies in it.) It didn't have a bar code nor a price, but I put it in my cart anyway. I couldn't use my coupons on the other dies, because they were already on sale. When I got to the checkout, I had the salesperson check on the price of the 4-pack. It had been $80 but was on clearance for $40. I asked her if I could use the coupon. She said she could try. Guess what, it worked. I got it for $20 - or if broken down $5 a set for the spellbinders dies.

I have seen those sets at my J's. I found it weird that they don't keep them in the sb section or even with the rest of the Spellbinders. At my J's, they're on a turning display on the other side of the store. I can't believe you got one for $20!!! I have never tried to buy any because I have most of the ones they offer in the 4 packs, but at that price, it'd be crazy to pass up. I could get it as a gift or use as a RAK on my blog. I guess it's a good thing I won't have the chance to go to J's for a few days or my wallet would take another hit! LOL

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
tomorrow is my spending day! hope my M's has some deals

I saw some new cling rubber stamps (Hampton Arts) for $2.99 each. Among those they have a plethora of new items (alot 50% off). I hope they have them in your local stores. I am soooooo excited. Plus I have a 20% off regular price coupon that I got from the May/June magazine.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Mia1979

Mia, love those new flowers. I had to put blinders on when I passed them so I wouldn't stop and shop.
LesleyC I bought 2 of those chipboard packets and am totally in love with them. They are already embossed so all I did was paint the butterflies with pink acrylic and then used TH vintage photo and they came out looking awesome. They even feel good! Take a look at my post today on my blog (cigar box) if you want to see what a great buy they were!!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to theellenbee

where are these butterflies? $1 bin?

The nursery was done in bugs and butterfly theme (universally done for my boys and hopefully future girl) and this would be perfect for the LO!!! Thanks mia for sharing and theellenbee for the examples!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Rushli

• Rushli Said:
where are these butterflies? $1 bin?

The nursery was done in bugs and butterfly theme (universally done for my boys and hopefully future girl) and this would be perfect for the LO!!! Thanks mia for sharing and theellenbee for the examples!

No they were on the row along the cash registers.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Mia1979

thanks!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Rushli

Let me know if you can't find them and I'd be happy to send a few your way :-)!!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to theellenbee

I did not find the butterflies, but I found flourish like ones and birds. The Ms lady said they will get more and I gave my mom the task to look for me until I am in town again. But thanks for the ofter theellenbee (can I assume your name is Ellen? Is it OK to call you that?)

We did not have the new stamps either... plus they took away half the TH racks... along with a few inks I did not buy yet... phooey.

Where do you live Mia? You always seem to have the cool stuff...

Expert
In response to Rushli

Nice hauls everyone. I have to not shop and finish the project I am doing. But, I'll be on the lookout for all these goodies!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics