Username Post: Embossing        (Topic#1573909)
mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

So I don't know anything about embossing, other than it's an image that is pressed into paper. So is there a method to emboss an entire sheet of paper like some of them that you can buy. I don't want to spend a bunch of $$ buying a machine. I kind of was thinking with a coupon maybe getting the Sizzix one that looks like a purse, since I understand that it can use Cuttlebug templates with it, but there isn't anyway that those little machines do full sheets, is there?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to mstasha

The only machine that I know of that will emboss an entire 8.5x11 or 12x12 sheet at once is the Creatopia by Xyron.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

I thought the BIg Shot Pro did 12 x 12 embossing. I've been thinking about one for that reason and trying to decide between that and the Grand Caliber which does large, but not 12 x 12.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Henri Jean

To my knowledge, the BS Pro doesn't have embossing folders that large.

I haven't really done any looking into it recently, though, so maybe they have since.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

I'm not sure, but if not, then there is no point for me to spend that much money.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-19-12 11:24 AM

Henri, there are NO embossing folders that are 12x12 (yet), although you can make your own. Creatopia is the only one that can do that large, as Kim pointed out.

Mstasha - the Sizzix Texture Boutique is a nice introduction if you REALLY don't want to get a Cuttlebug or Big Shot. But I'd recommend one of the latter anyway

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

I've never heard of Creatopia - but it sounds very cool.

Will it use nesties and other embossing folders and dies?

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

I know the grand calibur does 8 1/2 by 11. I have the machine and a lot of smaller embossing plates, but I don't have any that are 8 1/2 x 11. Sure would like to.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-19-12 02:37 PM
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
I know the grand calibur does 8 1/2 by 11. I have the machine and a lot of smaller embossing plates, but I don't have any that are 8 1/2 x 11. Sure would like to.

The machine can do this size, but again, I do not think there are any embossing folders this large. Sizzix and Spellbinders both have large cutting dies, but not embossing folders.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to stick

I have a Grand Calibur and the largest dies are the Grand Nesties and the largest is approx. 7 inches. This one below is acutally 7 3/8".

I think it would be Grand if you could cut 12 inch long borders, etc. but of course they would also need a longer set of plates? Not sure but I think I would be quite satisfied that what they have then. I love almost all of their dies.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to stick

I do think I want the Sizzix Texture one. I am not really into manual dicutting machines. I had the sidekick for a while, but got rid of it. I have a Cricut that I'm perfectly happy with. I would really love to be able to emboss full sheets, but what I really want it for is to make the background cardstock that I've been making cards with more interesting looking. That Sizzix should be able to handle it, right?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-20-12 08:25 AM
In response to mstasha

Oh, definitely the Texture Boutique is perfect for card-making, and cheap!

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to stick

Cool. M's here I come this afternoon. Man, I have got to stay off this website. Finding out about all these cool products is really damaging to my pocketbook.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to mstasha

• mstasha Said:
Cool. M's here I come this afternoon. Man, I have got to stay off this website. Finding out about all these cool products is really damaging to my pocketbook.

totally agree! This site is the reason I have a cricut and am building a scrap area (need places to store it all)... and that I am hoping to add a grand caliber, BIA, and ATG ...among all the little things... by this summer.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to Rushli

Well I bought the Sizzix Texture Boutique. I just couldn't help myself...M's had all their manual diecutting machines and accessories 40% off. So I got the machine and 2 folders. Bad, bad me!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-24-12 10:08 AM
In response to mstasha

Happy, happy you is more like it!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to stick

I have the Cuttlebug, its really cool. Got the special on HSN for $100 and it came with "26" embossing folders. They must have wanted to get rid of them because I went back on the site and there were no more of those specials left. I have used the Cuttlebug a few times and since the folders are quite cheap, it doesnt make such a dent in my pocketbook. I also found that I can use "Darice" folders too. They have some cute one.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics