Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Another Question        (Topic#1573913)
mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

Sorry I'm bugging everyone today but here's another question. I used to use glue sticks (I know GASP) to adhere my cut out words/titles, I switched to a xyron and lately it's been ticking me off. How do you ladies and gents get all the icky sticky glue out from in between the letters. I've tried rubbing and it gets some of the adhesive off, but what's left just turns dirty looking the more I rub. So it's gonna be back to the glue sticks if I can't figure something out.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to mstasha

no 'gasp' from me, I use glue sticks.

I've had pretty good luck with a simple 'remover'

Products Referenced in This Post:

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to mjmone

I wad up the clear over layer and dab the sticky spots to get the remnants off .....hth

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to melissadam

There is a little square rubber glue erasor made by Xyron. I have found that is the only thing that works for me. Once I glue it down, I just run the glue erasor over it and it takes all the excess glue off the front like a magnet.

But it is not an eraser in texture. It is more like a piece of flexible rubber. I bought mine 3 years ago and you can't even tell its been used except that it is a little dirty on some fo the corners.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Henri Jean

I use glue sticks

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to pwiswell

I use glue stick also. Never had a problem and still adhered from pages I made since 2004. I don't understand why some people don't like them.

They are also easier to use and cheaper to buy.

bgsl56
bgsl56 
Expert
bgsl56
In response to KVRLVN

A glue stick that you use in a hot glue gun can be used to help remove adhesive residue --- just rub the stick gently over the area. I have used this to remove price sticker residue on items for yaars.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to bgsl56

I use spray adhesive...super sticky and no gunky residue or ripping of my delicate diecuts. I just keep a box on hand to spray into.

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 04-19-12 04:18 PM
In response to melissadam

• melissadam Said:
I wad up the clear over layer and dab the sticky spots to get the remnants off .....hth

I do this too.There is also Un-Du that will probably do the trick for you.

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann

I use this square eraser thing too. It works great for getting just about anything sticky off. There are glue pens out there you can use also.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to reneeann

I like the Creative Memories Precision Point gluepen for small things.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to NMlady

I believe the square eraser that had been referred to here is much like this item. I use this brand myself. It works very nicely for this and other adhesives. It also erases rub ons that get put in the wrong place.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to mstasha

I use glue pens.....

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Kitty_wOlf

I've never gotten the hang of the xyron. I've tried a few other adhesives but I for letters/titles and other small objects I really like this glue;

Mono Multi Liquid Glue

It's cheap, works great, lasts a long time and has a very fine tip that is great for applying to small lettering. I love it!

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to mstasha

Thanks for all the great replies!!! I will definitly try some of them. I am glad to know that I'm not the only one that still uses glue sticks For you ladies that have the eraser thingies, where did you get them? Here or elsewhere? I'm pretty sure I haven't seen them at our J's or M's.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to mstasha

Mstasha,

I'm so glad you asked that question 'cause I have the xyron and I hate those gooey sticky stuff around whatever I put through as well and also when the Ziggy 2-Way Glue don't dry as fast as I want to and leave wet marks. Someone at my LSS mentioned the glue or adhesive eraser and I've looking for it all over @ J's and ACM and they don't carry any. The lady @ ACM just showed me a rubber cement eraser but I thought that was kind of too rough to use on pp.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to GIGIGI30

The square erasers are made by xyron and you would think they would sell them wherever they sell xyron, since they are made to get off the excess glue.

Xyron is definitely the easiest way to go with letters from my Slice!

If you can't find one I'll check my local scrapbook store where I bought mine.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

That would be great Ms. Henri...Just let me know if you find it and I'll PayPal you or mail you the cost plus shipping!

Thank you!

dlanvinson
Resident
dlanvinson
In response to GIGIGI30

Thank You Mstasha for asking this question! I just had the same problem and was irritated with the glue remnants. I'm going to go buy the eraser, Thanks Henri Jean!

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to dlanvinson

Glad my question could help other people and not just me I am going to order the square thingie next time I place and order unless by some mircle M's or J's has one. Till then I am going to try some of the other great tips everyone gave me.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics