Username Post: Easy Embossing        (Topic#1573935)
Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden

Hi ladies,

I have read several of the other posts on embossing machines. I already own a cricut. I am looking for an relatively inexpensive way to emboss. Alright ladies....what are my options and what do I do?

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Seamaiden

If you just want to do embossing, the Sizzix Texture Boutique is the way to go (imo) You can find it under $25 and you can use coupons at the box stores (M's Jo's and HL). You can find it here at sb.com for $26.99. It will work with all of the embossing folders that are the A2 folders, measuring 5 3/4" x 4 1/2" x 1/8".

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Seamaiden

I have a Sizzix Texture Boutique and I love it!!!

I also love heat embossing.

Edited by debby_westbrook on 04-20-12 06:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Seamaiden

• Seamaiden Said:
Hi ladies,

I have read several of the other posts on embossing machines. I already own a cricut. I am looking for an relatively inexpensive way to emboss. Alright ladies....what are my options and what do I do?

If you know you do NOT want a manual cutting machine like the big shot or the cuttlebug, and you know you ONLY want to emboss,,,,,

one of the cheapest ways to do that is this machine. It ONLY embosses. Use a coupon and it's even cheaper. It embosses the embossing folders (also shown) for tons of embossing choices at relatively cheap cost.

However, this machine will NOT cut, so if you like the idea of nesties or some of the Tim Holtz dies, this machine will NOT cut them. It ONLY embosses.

If you think you MIGHT get into dies (also shown below), then I suggest the big shot/kick or the cuttlebug.
Products Referenced in This Post:

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to CommaHolly

I debated between a Cuttlebug and Texture Boutique for a few weeks before I decided on the Cuttlebug. I figured I was only going to use it for embossing as well since I also have a Cricut.

I am now using my Cuttlebug for nesties and TH dies. I am very happy I went with the CB because I had the option of using dies if I wanted and as Holly stated, you can't cut dies with the Texture Boutique.

So if you want "relatively" inexpensive with the option of using it for more than embossing, the Cuttlebug is the way to go. To be fair though, I haven't priced Big Shot machines so that may be an option too depending on your price range.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to pugs223

I have a wishblade for cutting but I LOVE my Big Shot. I also have so dies I have bought as well as texture plates and embossing folders-- It works with them ALL no matter the m anufacturer

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to terrihooper

I would say cuttlebug or big shot. I know you only want to emboss, but why limit your abilities for not very much money. You might want to cut in the future. I think CB is a little cheaper. I've had a CB forever and it was just fine. I got a BS and I love it so much more. Mainly because it stays in place better. Just watch the sales and coupons and get what you can get the best deal on.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to SherylEb

Love my Cuttlebug ... got it with a 50% off coupon and it's been worth every penny

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics