Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Kids are gone and I should be scrapping right?        (Topic#1573957)
Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

Okay so the kids are gone and Im sitting here talking to you guys and surfing the web when I could be scrapping right? LOL, I do have a page that needs to be completed so I will eventually get to it. All these goodies I have and too lazy to use them Another thing I looking to see if Redbox has something good. I love scary movies but theres nothing good. Maybe pick up the descendents. Oh well what are you guys up to?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Mia1979

It's ok, sometimes you just don't feel it!

My iPhone is completely frozen and I'm on the phone with tech support.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Mia1979

I'm at my mom's again, can't scrap but I can shop. Got a four pack of Nesties at J's today for $29. It's squares, hearts, diamonds and one other. I'm so tired right now. I am bringing her home from a nursing home and setting up home health care. Anyway, I was excited they had this on the clearance area.

The thing I find odd about some of the 4 packs is that it will have large and small of the same design in the same pack. Really there is not that much difference so I don't want that. But the one I got was four entirely different shapes. Separately they would be over $100 so I'm happy.

I am scrapping in my brain. I also am about to send some old family photos I scanned to shutterfly. One of them is a wonderful headshot of my uncle I thought was lost forever, but I found it! Yeah!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to *jesse*

I'm doing the exact same thing- sitting at home, wishing I felt like making stuff, but just watching videos.

I DID make one quick card- but .. lost the steam right after. lol

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to designguyKORY

Do any of you have one of these? What do you think of it?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to CrimsonMama

Hey Crimson, I bought it 50 % off from Michaels last December, it is still in the package lol.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-20-12 07:08 PM
In response to Mia1979

Martha Stewart Score Board rocks!!!

I'm eating pizza, drinking wine, watching TV ... it's been a really exhausting week at work so I have NO energy for scrapping. I'm hoping tomorrow

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to stick

I LOVE MY MARTHA SCORE BOARD!

Seriously use it 98% of the time I'm makin somethin!

I keep it right next to the BigShot and the paper trimmer. I even use it to quickly measure/mark a line. It's worth it- especially on days like today, when it was M's Deal of the Day and was 50% off. But you can still use a coupon! Get it!

-k

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Awesome! It's not to pricy anyway and I always have those coupons! Collecting all the tools I would like to have is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Also, it takes a while and $$$ to get all the mists, inks, embossing powders. Yikes. Why is 1 oz of embossing powder $5? Ouch, if I got all of the ones I want that's a chunk right there. I need a MAJOR embossing powder SALE!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Luckily, embossing powder goes a LONG LONG way. When I first got into embossing, I was like, "I better get TWO bottles of the silver, cuz I love silver, and it'll probably take one bottle just to do a few things to test it out!"

I don't know how many things I've embossed and it still only looks like I've used a pinch of it...

but you're right- it is expensive for that one little bottle!

I never got any of the 'distress embossing powder.' Aren't they like .5oz or something?!?! for 5.00?!?!

I thought, if I want something I've embossed to look distressed, it'll just rub some sandpaper on it.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

• CrimsonMama Said:
Do any of you have one of these? What do you think of it?

love mine!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Nah, they are 1 oz. and they have such cool names like Worn Lipstick....makes you want them more right?

I got a 12 piece set today,(not this brand) smaller amounts but lots of colors, and I had a 50% off coupon so, this should be good for a while. I jumped in my car and ran to M's when I was working on my dragons because I wanted Lime Green. And they are terrible low on that stuff.

I still love those TH colors tho'! Broken China, Faded Jeans, Shabby Shutters. People sit around and think these names up and it works! LOL

Edited by CrimsonMama on 04-20-12 08:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I did NOT go supply shopping today however while I was in WM I did look to see if this particular store had the new stuff and they didnt. They had the same stale supplies and alot of Cricut carts on clearance ($29.99 was the lowest). I should be slapped because I spent almost $30 bucks on 4 packs of buttons from Buttons Galore & More.com. Yes I love buttons!

tsmickeymouse
Resident
tsmickeymouse
In response to Mia1979

I did the same thing tonight I had no children or hubby home, started to scrapbook and couldn't get motivated, got a layout all ready and wasn't liking it so I put everything away and moved to the family room and the tv. I'm hoping I'll get some scrappin' done on Sunday. Tomorrow is senior prom day at our house so I'll be a busy Momma!!

Judes4
Judes4 
Veteran
Judes4
In response to tsmickeymouse

I'm watching TV and packing my bags for an all-day crop tomorrow.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Judes4

I went to a crop. I get my pages glue-ready (a mat may be needed here or there so I take those supplies) and I got..... 78 pages completed!

Finished China, Vietnam and Halloween - they are glued down and ready to photo.

I'm getting Jakarta ready for a crop next month and then the other two ports in Indonesia. So much to do yet but I'm loving every minute of it.

When I scrap these travel things I relive them at the same time and I love that! So cool, feels like I'm back in these places when I'm working on them.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli

• designguyKORY Said:
Luckily, embossing powder goes a LONG LONG way. When I first got into embossing, I was like, "I better get TWO bottles of the silver, cuz I love silver, and it'll probably take one bottle just to do a few things to test it out!"

I don't know how many things I've embossed and it still only looks like I've used a pinch of it...

but you're right- it is expensive for that one little bottle!

I never got any of the 'distress embossing powder.' Aren't they like .5oz or something?!?! for 5.00?!?!

I thought, if I want something I've embossed to look distressed, it'll just rub some sandpaper on it.

Kory, you got to get at least 1 bottle! I think you will fall in love. I did! I mainly used metallic and pearl and loved the different texture.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Rushli

I'm the same I have been cleaning and doing laundry this morning but just can't get scrap motivated.

BTW, love my martha score board.

I started on a paper bag albums last night. I've got one set of pages done but not put together.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Sneezy1956

I tried to make a paper bag mini last night and found you can not use cheap bags or they come out wonky... I am going to try envelopes next and wait another 2 weeks before another craft store trip to get crisp nice bags.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Rushli

Well this morning I went to the salon and chopped off alot of hair! I will probably cry later. The kids are still gone. Im going to take a nap and see where that leads me later on.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics