Username Post: mini cricut question        (Topic#1573973)
ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 04-21-12 03:53 PM

I just bought the mini cricut, found a good deal on it and it will be my Mother's Day present. I have the original cricut, cricut create and unfortunately I bought the cricut expression as a christmas present.(I wanted the expression so I could cut 12 x 12 pages with the Elegant edges cartridge.) Unfortunately the expression is too old to work with the cricut craft room!! So i'm getting the mini for MOther's day. I love to make titles with the kerning option and now because they keep updating the craft room none of my current machines will work with it. I am afraid to try any of the other machines as I am not computer literate. Did I make a mistake?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ckair

Um, you kind of did. There should be a firmware update that would make the Expression work with Cricut Craft Room. Cricut's own website states "Cricut Craft Room works with all of our Cricut machines including: the Original Cricut, Cricut Create, Cricut Expression, Cricut Expression 2, Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition, Cricut Imagine, Cricut Mini, Cricut Cake, and Cricut Cake Mini."

DaNel Hicks
Diva
DaNel Hicks
In response to aquabunny

I have the cricut create and I just hooked up to the cricut craftroom today for the first time. It did have me do a firmware update but it didn't take long at all.

ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 04-22-12 08:41 AM
In response to DaNel Hicks

I called Cricut and with they told me I had the most up to date firmware yet it still wouldn't work. They said they were sending me a new connection cord (that goes from my cricut to the computer). They also told me that some of the circuits are just too old to take the new firmware updates. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem?? Is cricut craftroom working for others who have the cricut create and cricut expression? Thanks for your answers.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ckair

I remember a few years back I was trying to update something and had issues, called PC and they asked if I was using the USB port on the front of my computer, which I was, they had me switch to the back of the computer and it worked just fine.
Don't understand this, but it worked. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you were using the front USB on your computer.
Good luck tho!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ChansGram

My Expression worked just fine with the craft room...

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to ckair

I have the original Cricut and got my my to work with the craftroom, it is however, too old to link my cartriges to it (meaning that you can use it without putting in and taking out the cartridges every time you use it) but other than that it works fine. It would be nice not to have to insert the cartridges everytime but I will deal with it for the time being. I would think that you should be able to get your expression to work if I can get my old original to work.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to mstasha

I have an original Cricut but I use it just for taking to crops. I have been able to use my Gypsy with it though without any trouble. My expression works wonderfully with the CCR though I do have to insert the cartridges each time as they are linked to my Gypsy. When I get new ones I will link them to my expression first, then my Gypsy. I'm not real sure what your problem could be, have you tried doing the updates to your machines?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics