Username Post: Where do you keep...?        (Topic#1574017)
ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

your extra scraps of pp or cardstock? Do you organize them in anyway? I have a lot of them, and I want to know where you guys keep them? In a basket, folder, etc. Organize them by color, size, company? thnx

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to ScrappinGirl162

I have two 12x12" boxes, 4" high with lids I keep on a shelf. One for solids scraps and one for patterns. I just toss them in and it's really not so hard to look through them when I need scraps. If the boxes start to get too full that's when I go in and remove some that I know I probably won't use. If I don't keep them all contained like that I know they'll take over my scraproom.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

I have one of the 12 x 12 x 12 (maybe taller) rolling carts from the office supply stores that I used to take to crops before I got my wagon.

Now I keep the rolling thing under my desk and toss my scraps in it. Its about half full right now. WHen it gets full I'll go through and save really big pieces and give the smaller pieces to card makers.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Henri Jean

I used to have them all in one big bag but divided into smaller gallon freezer bags...divided by colors....now they're all just thrown in one big bag..I clean them out occasionally...I couldn't tell you what is in there but when I need a bit of some type or pattern or color of pp I will remember that there may be just thing I need in that bag. I would not recommend this, though.

Expert
In response to dollscrap

My CS scraps usually pile up while I'm at a crop or in over the course of several days/weeks when working at home. Any scrap that's smaller than 5x12 (but bigger than a useless nothing) goes in a "large clutch file" that I got from HL; separated by color and filed according to height. Any scrap that's bigger than 5x12 goes in a 12x12 paper holder; just thrown in as I put it in, no organization.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to HuskerMom98

I have the small card stock pieces in a small bin sorted by color. Same way with larger pieces (5x7 or bigger). Both bins are close to my work table. I sorth my pp scraps by main color, in folders. So if I need a pp that has green, I pull out the green folder. This seems to work for me.

Tenant

I keep them in a large Cropper Hopper container sorted by color. I try to keep it handy so I go there first before digging into my main paper supply.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to prittb

I have the plastic drawer bins that I sort by color (mostly cardstock.) In 2.5 gal ziplock bags I keep pattern paper scraps according to collection. Once I use up the full 12x12 sheets in the collection, I put the those scraps in the plastic drawers based on colors too.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Rushli

I organize solids by color and everything else by manufacturer in expanding file folders.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-22-12 07:02 PM
In response to Rushli

I keep all of my paper sorted in 12x12 envelopes, similar to the ones pictured below. Patterned paper is by company/line or theme (ie: K and Company Classic K or baby boy). Plain cardstock I sort by color-one envelope for green, one for blue and so on. When I have scraps, they go back into the envelope that they came from. That way, I know where to find a scrap that will match. In my craft room, these envelopes go into 4 milk crate style boxes on top of a horizontal Ikea bookshelf. When it's time for a crop, I grab whatever envelopes I plan to work with and pop them into my rolling tote.
Products Referenced in This Post:

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to gone

I've got them sorted into three 3" three ring binders. Each binder is sorted by colors (cools, warms, neutrals) then each binder is broken down further (ie cools=greens, blues, purples) and then broken down into solids and patterns

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

My scraps are sorted mostly by color (with separate drawers for patterns, vellums, metallics) in these tiny Sterilite drawers, found cheap at Walmart:

Scraproom (February 2012) - Desk and paper racks By Aquabunny

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

• ScrappinGirl162 Said:
your extra scraps of pp or cardstock? Do you organize them in anyway? I have a lot of them, and I want to know where you guys keep them? In a basket, folder, etc. Organize them by color, size, company? thnx

the colored CS is in an accordian file by color.

the PP is in 2 different clear files. one is for generic patterns, the other for specific themes ie: holiday, grass, tools, etc.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Lamoo12

All of my cs is separated by color and each color is stored in the 12x12 page keeper plastic envelopes. Inside each of those envelopes is a 2 gallon ziploc bag for scraps that are 12 inches long. Inside that bag is a gallon ziploc for any pieces that are smaller than 12 inches. I am ready to add another ziploc (quart or sandwich) for the smaller pieces that I keep for cricut cuts or backing for handmade flowers.

My older pp scraps are not so organized, they are just all thrown in one of the 12x12 page keeper envelopes. I just recently started the ziploc bag system for my newer stacks and will just store them with the pack. Eventually I will go through the older scraps and get them organized too.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to pugs223

Mine are separated by color and put into hanging files in a rolling file cart.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to scrap4brains

I have mine in accordion folders. One for pattern paper and one for cardstock. Both are organized by color. I always check the cardstock one before cutting into a new sheet.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I have the 3 white plastic drawer sets. I have them divided by color. I keep the print with the card stock. I keep all scraps cause I have lots of sizzlet letters & punches that only need a tiny scrap. I also paper piece. I always check them before I scrap.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

folders... i have it by color and separate between the PP and the cardstock. but lately i realized that I have to do something with them... so i made 29 cards, punch out a bunch of stuff and pre made some mats.....

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

I found these cool vinyl type zipper pockets designed for 8.5" X 11" paper at Wal-Mart for $1 each. Right now my scraps are just thrown in one since I don't have too many scraps, but I'm sure I will get to the point where I will need to sort them a little more. I love that the pouches zipper so none of them fall out.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to mstasha

Thanks a lot! They have a sale at ACM's $5 a storage box of 12x12 and I might get that but I'll see if there's anything different!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics