Username Post: Dazzles?        (Topic#1574183)
TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper

I need to make several cards in the next couple of months and was thinking of trying a new style. I like fun cards personally, but I need to make a retirement card and mother's day cards for women who like traditional mushy type cards.

I am having a really hard time getting my head around how to do a card like that, but I remembered seeing a product called Dazzles. I found them in a catalog that came to me in the mail, but I have absolutely no experience with them or anything like them. I think they have the look that I want for these cards. I looked through the card gallery and only found a few cards that use them. Not enough to go on. Does anyone here use them? If so what do you think of them? How easy/difficult are they to use? Thanks for your input.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to TFCasper

I've never heard of Dazzles ... off to google them now to see what they are

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to madmatter

Are they stickers? I've never seen them or used them.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to madmatter

here's a youtube video I found that might help you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLsZoBu371k

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to madmatter

Thanks for the link. I found another video that helped also. I think these would work for what I have in mind, but now I have to find them in a store! Anyone know where to buy them?

Thanks.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to TFCasper

I would research them on the internet. Some place probably has them to sell. Good luck.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to pwiswell

I have used them for several years. I have purchased them from HSN in kits and at CK conventions. I have never seen them in a store. They are fragile for stickers... takes a wee bit of practice so you don't get teeny folds in them. They come from Holland. A company called Ecstacy crafts often has them in kits. They are beautiful... coming in colors or gold or black or white. There are flowers, corners, strips, hearts, etc.

litlplace
Resident
litlplace
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I get mine online at Paperwishes. They do take some practice.

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to litlplace

Thanks everyone. I think Paperwishes was the catalog I saw them in. I'll have to find it again and see what I want to get. It's good to hear that they take practice too - That's the advice I need!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to TFCasper

If you mean the same kind of stickers that we sell here (Holland), we have them in overflow. They are sold by the sheet and in packs too with various themes. I'll see if I can find a web shop that sells them internationally. By the sheet you can get them as cheap as 50 cents a sheet. Some shops sell em in packs of like 3 or 5 for discounted prices. They have just text, corners, borders, figures in all sorts of themes like christmas, easter, baby, wedding and lots more.
They mostly come in silver, gold, black n white.
I'll have a look tomorow to see if I can find a good decent online shop for them.

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper
In response to TheCharmedOne

Another good reason to go to Holland! Maybe I can use that to convince my husband to go to europe this summer. "But honey, I NEED STICKERS." lol

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to TFCasper

Hahahhaaaa I know! Well they are widely available and just about any hobbyshop has them here.
Like I said, we have them in overflow.

Here is one link that has lots, but...it's all written in Dutch. Perhaps you can click thru the titles and look at pictures.

http://www.knutselparade.nl/index.php?item=stickervelle...

If you like, I can send some over.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

Here is one in English...

http://shop.deblauwedraad.nl/stickers-c-155.html?langua...

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

The english one also ships internationally and accepts PayPal.... I think that will help you out a lot. Perhaps email them to be sure that they ship to your country. If they dont, again, I can ship to you. Not a problem.

TFCasper
Veteran
TFCasper

Thanks for the links. I checked them out and I think I will get some. I had to do two of my cards already but I will surely be able to use them for lots of other cards.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to TFCasper

I use them alot on cards and get mine from paperwishes. They can be tricky to work with but you can make some really beautiful cards with them.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Shutterbugg

Dazzles are fragile to work with. I think they are always imported from Holland so more costly to buy in USA. Hot off the Press has them... they all say made in Holland.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to pinkpaperairedale

We have an overflow of them here thats why they come as cheap as 50 cents. The most common colours are gold and silver but we also get them in white, black, pink, blue, red, green. Depending on the subject, season ect. The white ones are perfect for colouring with copics.
They are very fragile and thats one of the reasons why I dont use them often. I have a couple tho, with corners and trims n such but because they get torn quickly, I tend to stay away from them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics