Username Post: which machine?        (Topic#1574189)
New Kid On the Block

I currently have the cricut create and a texture boutique. I really love the new spellbinder dies. i was thinking about getting the grand calibur but then i read somewhere that it cant accept the bigger sizzix dies (which is a bummer cuz i really like the tattered florals one by tim holtz) i dont want to break the bank getting these machine so which one would be the best one? also, space is kind of very limited for me.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to lovin it to the max

You want the Big Kick/Big Shot. The only thing it can't take are the huge Big Shot Pro dies and the largest of the Grand Nestabilities.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to lovin it to the max

• lovin it to the max Said:
I really love the new spellbinder dies. i was thinking about getting the grand calibur but then i read somewhere that it cant accept the bigger sizzix dies (which is a bummer cuz i really like the tattered florals one by tim holtz) i dont want to break the bank getting these machine so which one would be the best one? also, space is kind of very limited for me.

Well, I think you're going to have to make a compromise unless you want to go all out and buy the expensive Big Shot Pro. If you get the Grand Calibur, you can cut all the Spellbinders dies, but not the thick dies like the Bigz, etc. If you get a Cuttlebug/Big Shot or Big Kick you're not going to be able to cut the large Spellbinders dies or Big Shot Pro dies. The only one that does them all is the Big Shot Pro.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by tinacome on 04-30-12 05:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to daza

The big shot pro is great and does it all. Keep in mind it is HEAVY!!! (like 44 pounds!!!). But it is a GREAT machine! Check around online, there are deals all the time on it!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to binkiemonstermom

I simply L-O-V-E my sizzix big shot machine.
Yeah, I know it`s old fashioned to have a manual die cutting machine, but I couldn`t scrap without it!
It`s sturdy, I can use other brand`s dies with it ( I love particularly the Spellbinders dies, and the Cricut embossing folders), it`s easy to use.
The downside is that it`s heavy, and a little difficult to store because of the handle....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to angelicakm

It isn't at all "old-fashioned" to have a manual die-cutting machine. People on these forums suggest them to people all the time and people still go out and buy new ones. There's nothing unusual about using manual die cutters; there's not even anything unusual about not having an electronic cutter.

New Kid On the Block
In response to aquabunny

I just purchased a cuttlebug (well, dh bought it for me for Christmas but I actually bought it so that he got the right thing ).
It sounds really fun and I can't wait to unwrap it and play over Christmas!!
I have an original Cricut and passed everything else up until I saw my friend cutting with her cuttlebug at a crop in October. It has intrigued me ever since. Different things can be done than on the cricut.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics