Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: a special dog        (Topic#1574195)
AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to AniPie

Found the pictures ... http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/687943/view /3609543/... ..

Also, you all made me think of a family dog we had growing up. My baby sister always had the dog in her life she did not know a time without her. She understood the dog was getting old and she would ask lots of questions. That movie All Dogs Go To Heavan came out and she would say how Girl will go to heaven when she gets too old. One morning we came down stairs and my sister (she was 5 at the time ) ran to the back door to knock on the glass to let the dog know we were up and would bring her in for breakfast. I went to start getting the food ready and could hear her knocking on the glass door calling the dog. Then I hear her say " silly dog wont wake up, she is sleeping under the tree.." My heart dropped. How was I going to deal with this with my baby sister and I home alone and here I am about to lose it. I told her to let Girl ( the dog's name was Girl) sleep and set her breakfast on the table. While my sister ate I called my parents. My dad asked me to wrap the dog in a blanket so her could take her to the vets office to have her cremated ( not sure how to spell it ). I went outside to bring Girl up on the porch so I could her ready. I noticed her paws were muddy from the yard so I decided I had to wash off her paws. I went inside and I told my sister Girl was sick and was going to go to the doctor. I asked her to finish her breakfast while I got her ready for Dad to pick up. So here I am on the back porch trying not to cry (cause I don't want to scare my baby sister) and washing Girl's paws off. I didn't hear my little sister come out side but the next thing I knew she was standing right next to me, before I could say anything she pats me on the shoulder and says "Don't cry Ani, remember, all dogs go to hevean. She is going to have fun!"
It is amazing how this little furry animals touch our lives and fill our hearts. I am so greatful for each and every one who has come into my life.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to AniPie

I'm so sorry for your losses.

It's amazing the emotions that animals seem to feel, not only towards us but also towards each other. We used to have a St. Bernard/Collie cross named Fritz, and my mom had a terrier-poodle-pom cross named Mugsy. The two of them were the absolute best of friends in spite of the huge size difference between them. Mugsy used to go outside and bark a couple of times to call Fritz, and then the two of them would take off together. After Fritz died, one day Mugsy was sitting out in the driveway just barking. Not moving, just sitting there. I was all ready to go out and get after him for his needless barking, when I suddenly realized that he was trying to call Fritz, and didn't understand why his buddy wasn't coming. I broke down and cried. After a while, he finally came in and laid in his bed with the saddest look on his face.

Jen

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics