Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: France!        (Topic#1574197)
Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness

So, I'm going to France in June for my SIL's wedding. Have any of you gone to France? How did you scrap the trip??? I'd love to see layouts!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Her Royal Awesomeness

I did 2 fifty page books (one for each kiddo) and a cute mini for myself. I did it chronologically. I also kept a journal and had plastic baggies for each day there so I could keep all of my mementos in predated bags. I saw so taken with the beautiful architecture that many of my pages were gorgeous buildings and famous places. Viva la France!

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to 950nancy

Awesome! I'm VERY excited to go. We are flying into Paris, but will ultimately end up in Nice, or however that's spelled. I've started my Swim in the Mediterranean Diet so I don't look like a cow.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Congratulations,,,Have fun on your trip,,I hope to one day visit France. My Daughter who will be 15 in June is having her Birthday party theme Be " An Evening in Paris" she loves the Eiffel tower.
We just came back from Florida and she loved Epcot, They have a tiny store with so many Eiffel tower items you can buy. She really enjoyed hersefl. Your scrapbook pages will probably be Amazing !!There are so many patterned papers out in the France "Paris" theme.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to armygirl

Oh you are going to LOVE France! So much to see and do in gay Paree', and Nice, I just adore Nice! So different from Paris it almost doesn't seem like it's in France at all because of it's proximity to Monaco and Italy. Your layouts of each will look different because of that. Have a ball, pour that good EVOO all over your pizzas they put on the tables for you (absolutely delicious btw, only know because I don't eat French food). You'll get a fabulous assortment of pictures and have a ball scrapping them!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to RockStar

Oh, yeah. They don't seem to like ice. I felt like such an American asking for it. The people there were absolutely fantastic. I had heard horror stories, but never found a single person who wasn't polite and helpful if possible. Such great memories.

Her Royal Awesomeness
Diva
Her Royal Awesomeness
In response to 950nancy

That's cool Nancy. I don't do ice either! Haha! I find I actually drink MORE water if there is no ice in it. We will be in France about a week, so I'm trying to convince Jake to commandeer a car and go to Spain. I want to go to Barcelona and have tapas! Haha!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

If you have the time, take the bus around the city (Paris). You can get a two day pass for a reasonable price compared to taxis. We rode around the city several times, decided what we wanted to do and had some unplanned stops that were incredible.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 950nancy

I have not been to Paris (Bill does plan to take me but he's been several times) but most cities that size have a hop on-hop off bus. We always do that. I get the best photos from the top of the bus and anytime we want to hop off to see something, we can - then hop back on and continue when the next bus comes.

I know Barcelona has a hop on-hop off. Seems there are 2 lines, maybe 3 but buy the pass. You will see things from the bus you will not other wise see, and you are sitting high enough on the top of the bus to get awesome photos.

We always ride the hop-on hop-off around the city and remember the things we want to see. Then we ride it around and get off at those places.

If you go to Barcelona, after the sun starts to go down you will want to go to Las Rambles where all the street mimes are - the best in the world in my opinion. You will also find dozens of places along Las Rambles where tappas are served.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

be sure to watch your purse and valuables, especially in and around the Eiffel Tower, tons of gypsies.
For food, you cannot beat getting a crepe "sandwich" from one of the stands especially the ones around Notre Dame, my DSs so enjoyed the ham and cheese crepes.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Unique scrapper

You can get robbed in any large city in the world. Orlando has one of the highest rates of robbery in the US. There are always people, gypsies or not, who are willing to divest a naive traveler of his wallet.

I recommend a fake wallet with a few bucks in it. Wear a money belt or similar for the rest.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• Unique scrapper Said:
be sure to watch your purse and valuables, especially in and around the Eiffel Tower, tons of gypsies.
For food, you cannot beat getting a crepe "sandwich" from one of the stands especially the ones around Notre Dame, my DSs so enjoyed the ham and cheese crepes.

Are gypsies the only ones that pickpocket? Wonder if it was them that robbed my friend the other month.....no, it was 2 teens. Nevermind.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

• Unique scrapper Said:

Do you enjoy being so racist?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to amandahugandkiss

Barcelona was the worst we've found anywhere with a reputation for pick pockets. Las Ramblas is a prime target.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

Not being racist. Just stating what I have learned from traveling there (Eiffel Tower) and what I have read from other travelers on CruiseCritic.com. Cannot ignore the facts, they be what they be. As far as other pick pockets, yes, in any city you will find them. Having grown up in NY and attended college in NYC and worked in NYC, I think that I am fairly familiar with the dangers of being mugged. I have been a victim more than once.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Henri Jean

I never saw any "gypsies." I did see thousands of people from many different countries all enjoying the tower. I always kept my money in a small wallet around my neck. It had our passports and money for the day in it. I have done this for any major city we visit. It is just smart traveling.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 950nancy

WHen we were on the last cruise they gave us flat wallets that went around our necks and slipped under our clothes. That was really helpful - they were so flat you couldn't tell we were wearing them but we could access them by pulling them out at the neck.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss

• Unique scrapper Said:
Not being racist. Just stating what I have learned from traveling there (Eiffel Tower) and what I have read from other travelers on CruiseCritic.com. Cannot ignore the facts, they be what they be. As far as other pick pockets, yes, in any city you will find them. Having grown up in NY and attended college in NYC and worked in NYC, I think that I am fairly familiar with the dangers of being mugged. I have been a victim more than once.

Saying "Watch out for Gypsies" is totally racist. Its like saying "Watch out for Chinese people" or "Watch out for African Americans". Just say "Watch out for pick pockets". Why do you have to make it about ethnicity??? The Gypsies are an ethnic group more properly known as Romani. They are persecuted and discriminated against all over the world by ignorant people like YOU.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper

Well, all of the pickpockets that came up to me were gypsies. I do not want to get into an argument and I don't understand why you are being so nasty. The names that you have called me are certainly mean spirited. My original post and the others that followed were said from my point of observation and my tour guides in Barcelona, Paris, Croatia, and parts of Italy all pointed out pick pockets and referred to them mostly from the Gypsy group. Sorry if I offended you.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

How do you know they were pick pockets if they "came up to you"?

And how do you know they were gypsies and not spanish or french??

I'm not trying to be mean, really,,,,,,

but what if someone said "watch your wallet in Washington DC,,,,,,,there are TONS of blacks."???

And just because a pick pocket is a Roma,,,,,,,doesn't mean all Romas are pick pockets.

Again, really, I'm not being mean,,,,,just trying to point out something is all Just because some tour guides were racist, doesn't mean any of us should perpetuate it.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics