Page 2 of 15 
Username Post: CLOSED_CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/MAY-JULY ROUND        (Topic#1574259)
Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Good morning ladies!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to PrackRat

sending now!

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to ScrapAngel4

Just sent my survey .. sorry for the delay ladies! I was gone on a boy scout campout all weekend so no internet.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Okay i am compiling them now and will send everyone a pm with the list of surveys so you know what cards to make the ladies and the colors they like and embellishments they like.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I sent out the PMs to all you ladies with everyones Surveys, so you can get started on the cards, we have 11 ladies this time.

So you will make 5 cards per lady, don't make a set for yourself, unless you want to LOL. And you will need 10 goodie bags or $1/$2 NIP. There are plenty of $1 deals at craftstores..lol.

Bag each ladies cards in quart size bag or bigger, if your cards are bigger and put THEIR name on or in the baggie, along with their goodie bag.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Do we discuss amongst ourselves which cards we're going to make for each other so that not everyone makes the same kind? I know Shana would not mind all Christmas cards and I can see those getting used in 2-3 years. I would like some sympathy cards but not 55 of them. I surely hope I don't have a need for that many the rest of my life time! (I know not everyone would make them)

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to PrackRat

got my surveys!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Lookin4newideas

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Do we discuss amongst ourselves which cards we're going to make for each other so that not everyone makes the same kind? I know Shana would not mind all Christmas cards and I can see those getting used in 2-3 years. I would like some sympathy cards but not 55 of them. I surely hope I don't have a need for that many the rest of my life time! (I know not everyone would make them)

OMG Sally I sure do hope not..lol

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

LOL.. I know.. but the way my luck goes sometimes..

I won't get started on mine until towards the end of the month. I'm going to be having a garage sale Memorial Day weekend and I'm supposed to get my income tax refund that weekend as well. Then I'll buy the supplies I need. I've been looking at cards here and on You Tube and other blogs. I'm excited. It was nerve wracking on NSD to have to make one in one hour when you have no clue what you're going to do, but I came up with a Halloween invitation.

I've been making little flowers and putting punched border scraps and pieces of left over ribbons in a shoe box to save for when I start on my cards. I'll have to print out the surveys so I can start seeing what colors everyone likes. I need to keep a notebook handy. I've been paying more attention to little sentiments that would make nice cards but then forget them and forget where I read them!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

• Lookin4newideas Said:

Sally usually when each lady is making cards for you, she does a variety of cards, not the same type. I usually always make one of each if she lists five different types of cards. Most do that as well. The only ones I have gotten of two in the same set is birthdays and they were different types, like boy and girl.

You wont get 55 sympathy cards for sure...lol.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Sally you also don't have to put stuff on the inside of cards, that is optional. Some of the ladies do and some don't. Me I usually put paper and embellishments on the inside of mine or at least paper, but my mother she leaves hers blank for the receiver to add.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

thanks for answering my question Tonya.. Great minds think alike.. lol

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Your welcome ladies and feel free to post pics of the cards in your gallery or just tell us how things are going. You can also ask someone something, about their survey or pertaining to their cards. Its an open thread. And the only one that bites on this thread, I believe is Me and I just nibble...lol.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Those are good things to know. I probably would have made 5 of the same kind of card, like 5 different birthday cards. That's cool too about leaving the inside blank. I like that a lot, makes it much easier.

I have to make a wedding card tonight for my daughter. She's going to her gf's dad's wedding. It's a Star Wars theme but not in costume, so on the inside of the card I was just going to write "let the force be with you" and let my daughter sign it.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Yep its cool, only thing we require is all the cards be send with envelopes. That and we usually use like two techniques and three embellishments: example would be:

stamped image and distressed edges-two techniques

and then stickles, ribbon and chipboard on card. There you have your card.

Its easy hun...fun too.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

The card I made last night I kept simple because I had to do fast and my daughter doesn't care for the woman her friend's dad is marrying. I printed a drawing of (i'm not good with character names) the couple Princess and the guy that get together in Star Wars. I found it in a wedding related web site. I printed it and then inked the edges with purple and then I have a few cards on my Silhouette and used one of them, added a couple of gems at the bottom for the colors of the lightsabers And for the greeting I wrote, "May the Force be with the two of you" That was a plain and simple, last minute, what-the-heck-kind-of-car d do you give at semi-Star Wars themed wedding?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

that sounds cool Sally.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies out there!!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

I hope you all had a Happy Mothers Day!

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

Whoo Hoo!!! 8 more days of school then it's on and poppin in the scrapbook room!! Whew, can't wait..come on May 24th!!! Saying bye bye to 18 first graders...and thanks TJCraftyWitch for using my survey...:) You ROCK lady!!!

Page 2 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics