Username Post: CLOSED_CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/MAY-JULY ROUND        (Topic#1574259)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to TJCraftyWitch

still working on mine.. Hope to get alot done tomm.. oh and Im back from vacay! lol

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to ScrapAngel4

Just got done with a batch of cards. They are drying, turned out good. Had fun creating cards, too much time doing school work and not enough time creating these days. Suks booty...lol.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Ok im stressing.. i come up with an idea and then it looks like garbage when I do it.. LOL.. im frustrated!

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

Almost done with mine .. just a couple more to go.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to cma2a17

there's this one web site I belong to and this week's challenge is a card. So I did it. It was super easy and I wish they had the challenge earlier in the month, I would have completed more of cards to that sketch. AT least I did one this way, so I replaced one of the bday cards I did for your mom TJ since she liked blues and I used a lot of blue in this card. I should post it to my gallery here..

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Lookin4newideas

I finnaly got a chance to work on some cards after I cleaned up my craft room . I mailed my cards out Today.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Kim I think your being over critical of your stuff, we all usually are of our stuff. Relax and don't stress, we know that your new at making cards.

Army I will mark you as postal.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Ok, TJ, I don't know if I should thank you or curse you for inviting me to your swap. When I first joined, it was very intimidating to make 55 cards. I was searching galleries here and online line, YouTube, and then I was almost done and that tip with the one sheet helped me a lot.

Then there was a challenge the other day on another web site I visit and this past week was to do a card according to her layout. It was very simple. And since I had all my scraps out still I was able to whip something out in not time. I wish I had that card sketch to begin with. Because now over the weekend, I made 6 more cards for another swap I'm in and they all turned out really nice. Here the card I did earlier in the week for the challenge. The flags had to be made out of material. The other cards I made I used flowers and brads and didn't necessarily use flags or have it on both sides.

But Kim, if you're still hung up, you might want to follow the basic sketch. Two matching pp, either ribbon or a hole punch through the center, some kind of sentiment or stamped image with brads or gems in the cener, flowers or brads or flags on the sides. You're done!

simple card layout By Lookin4newideas

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

awesome card Sally.. tomm.. I hope to finish up these cards and get them in the mail by tuesday.. I finally have a full day off of work tomm!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Thanks Kim. The ones I made yesterday turned out really nice. They were a lot of fun to make. but I need a great big huge table that I can spread all my stuff out on!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

You can do both Sally, it makes you go beyond your comfort zone and now that you make cards, you won't have to keep buying ones from here on out. It saves money hun.

Trust me years ago, I sucked at making cards. You are doing an awesome job. Like I said alot of us are overly critical of our own work.

The only thing I will not except from folks is when someone used flimsy cardstock as a base, and the card can't stand on its own. They will take generic thin printer paper for the outside of the card and not embellish the cards. Trust me I have seen those and received those. I know that you ladies are going and have created some awesome cards. Some of us are beginnners and others are more advanced. Me I am right in the middle, I love making cards, but I know some ladies put mine to shame.

I always decorate the outside and put something on the inside. But that is not a requirement. Its just something I do, this way the ladies have a place to already write there sentiments. Sometimes I stamp a short sentiment inside. Again this is not a requirement, I choose to do this, because this is how I make my own cards. We all make cards different. The only thing I require are the base amount of techniques and embellishments on the cards, inside or out and that they have an ENVIE to put card in...lol.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I left just about all the insides of my cards blank. I think only a couple of have something stamped on the inside. I have collected a bunch of stamps over the years, but I never stamped until recently (while making cards) and none that I could really use. Luckily I had one that says Happy Birthday, but it's at an angle and hard to center it just right.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Good morning ladies!
OMGoodness...I left all of mine blank. Were we supposed to put a sentiment in them? I don't do too good with stamping for some reason.
I also tried to make most of them general in the sense of being all occasions.
I hope that's okay...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Ms_Pebbles

No you didn't need to put stuff on the inside hun. All is good, I said for me its what I do not what anyone else needs to do ladies. Don't fret.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

Cool beans! Thanks!!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Ms_Pebbles

i didnt put anything in the middle.. i was too busy trying to figure doing the outside! LOL

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Here is the delivery confirmation # I had it in the car,,,0309 3220 0001 7931 6002

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Cool thanks.

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to PrackRat

I just got home from vacation yesterday. I'm getting my things together today in hopes to have them in the mail this afternoon. I'll post when they're postal.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to PrackRat

That is fine Nicole, don't fret.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics