Page 3 of 15 
Username Post: CLOSED_CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/MAY-JULY ROUND        (Topic#1574259)
lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug
In response to SanuraScraps

So do we have a final compiled list of what everyone would like? I didn't know if it was okay to start making cards.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to lucyladybug

Wasn't that the list we got on the 9th?

My mother's day went well, The weather has been beautiful, perfect spring weather, early summer weather. I worked in my flower beds, washed about 14 loads of laundry and hung it out to dry (over three days) my daughter took off, so we didn't fight and I went shopping! Got my tax refund check. And today they had a Cuttlebug on sale and I've been wanting one for the past couple years, so I bought it! And then the local craft store, Pat Catan's has all their embossing folders on sale for $2.50 each, so I was able to get a few of those to get me started with cards. And because not all stores carry the Darice product line, hopefully, my cards will have something new. OH, and then they had these pearlized paper packs on sale for $2. They only had gold, pink and silver, but I got one of each color. Pads of 25 sheets, acid free.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to Lookin4newideas

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Wasn't that the list we got on the 9th?

My mother's day went well, The weather has been beautiful, perfect spring weather, early summer weather. I worked in my flower beds, washed about 14 loads of laundry and hung it out to dry (over three days) my daughter took off, so we didn't fight and I went shopping! Got my tax refund check. And today they had a Cuttlebug on sale and I've been wanting one for the past couple years, so I bought it! And then the local craft store, Pat Catan's has all their embossing folders on sale for $2.50 each, so I was able to get a few of those to get me started with cards. And because not all stores carry the Darice product line, hopefully, my cards will have something new. OH, and then they had these pearlized paper packs on sale for $2. They only had gold, pink and silver, but I got one of each color. Pads of 25 sheets, acid free.

Wish I lived near you! I would've gotten everything you named!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Ms_Pebbles

You've been finding some great deals of your own down in your area, Pebbles. Isn't that one of the fun things about swaps, to see what others have and share that we don't?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

• lucyladybug Said:
So do we have a final compiled list of what everyone would like? I didn't know if it was okay to start making cards.

Didn't I send the surveys to you hun? If not I will send it to you again.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I just found the survey! Thanks! I will get started shortly.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I started making my cards,,June is gonna be a busy month for me. Ive been planning my Daughters 15th birthday party ( Quinceanera) and it's alot of work.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Oh yeah you do have alot to do, I would be working on mine here too, get a few done here and there, so it they get complete by the time it roles around.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

I am so lazy that I havent even thought about this swap.. I have to get busy! lol

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to ScrapAngel4

I'm going to get started on these this week end.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to PrackRat

Cool ladies.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I was very crafty tonight,,I was able to finish two cards for most of the ladies and for some of the ladies I already finished 3 cards.They were fun to make, I even made one to keep for myself.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Cool your ahead of me hun.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm hoping to start on mine Memorial day weekend... Going to the paper store to buy my envelopes this Thursday. Check out this store: http://www.hollos.com/ This store has been open since I was a kid and has tripled in size.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

oh sounds nice..i have to place an order here for myself for another swap. checked all over and one more place I can check but if they dont have it, placing order here.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I didn't realize they did any mail order. It was always like a small warehouse. They have cool stuff there that you don't find in stores. They always have those huge sketch or drawing pads, sometimes they'll have those rolls of paper that's 4-5' wide. Then they have sheets of beautiful hand made paper. I thought if I had money that would be cool for wall paper.

And then, some of their stuff, I swear, they've had since the 70's when I was in school!

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

mms

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to ScrapAngel4

I went to Hollo's today. I bought 60 envelopes for .08 a piece. It took me 45 min to pick out frickin' envelopes. There were other ladies in and out. I didn't know what size, what colors, what textures. Do I get the flat flaps, or the pointy flaps? Do I get the foil lined? I must have picked out so many different ones and then put them all back several times.

I also found some flowery satin ribbon for $1.49 a yard. The flowers are sort of puffy. I got one off white and one dark pink. I'm getting excited to start making cards!

I asked about their mail order and the lady said they at least a $20-25 min order and they ship using UPS starting at $5.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I finished my first Christmas card. Let me know if this is good for the swap or if I need to embellish more.

Christmas card By Lookin4newideas

Good thing I started my cards.. It took me 2 hours working on this one! Well, I did make several die cuts so when I get going, I can do a bit of an assembly line, like "thinking of you, etc.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 05-25-12 10:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

Just a quick hello ladies! I have started on a few cards.

Page 3 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics