Page 5 of 15 
Username Post: CLOSED_CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/MAY-JULY ROUND        (Topic#1574259)
Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to lucyladybug

That's where I was working, off 100. OMG, there was this hair place there, right on the corner. I remember Redkin was having "makeovers". My hair was about as long as it now, down to the middle of my back. (I know at my age, I should get it cut, but until it all turns gray, I'm keeping it long) Prudential was getting ready to hand over to United Healthcare so I was going to sell insurance for Pru. Ins Of America. I needed more of a professional look. So, I go to my hair stylist for this makeover they were advertising. She cuts my hair straight back even with the top of my ear to slightly behind my ear and lets the length stay in the back. She hands me the mirror and says she's done and I almost screamed. She asks me what I thought. I told her it was f-in ugly. She told me to give it a week and I was going to call her to say I was sorry and that I was loving it after I got used to it. I was so embarrassed to go back to work. I cried when I went back. Everyone agreed she did a hack job. This girl recommended me to this other woman that opened up a shop in Slatingon that specialized in long hair. I went there and this guy at the counter asks me if he could help me. I pointed at my hair and said this was my Redkin makeover. He says, OMG, that's awful! I started crying and comes around puts his arms around me sits down and for 30 min plays with my hair and apologizes and says he can't save it and has to cut it off to make it look right. I was 34 at the time. My hair hadn't been that short since I was 5 y/o. I don't have a picture of my blotched hair cut, but I do of my short doo. I need to find it and scrap it and journal that. When you mentioned Rt 100, it made me think of that hair salon! Oh and that pet store that was right next to it.. Oh, memory lane...

Where I lived you had to have a moving permit.. I never got one when I left and they wanted to charge me a $500 fine. I probably would have better luck finding a job there than I would here, though.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug
In response to Lookin4newideas

Aww I am so sorry you got such a botch job on your hair. But glad you can laugh about it now.

Do you come back frequently to visit PA?

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Hi ladies, and that so sucked about the botched haircut..that would make me mad as well.

But I have short hair and when mine gets messed up, I fix it or have it fixed, it grows back..

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to TJCraftyWitch

That's one thing I like about having long hair, you can go longer in between hair cuts!
Gosh, the last time I was in PA was about 13-14 years. My sister has a rinky-dink 2 bedroom apt with her 2 kids. I've lost touch with my friends, but I know I could stay with one of my old gf's but she lives closer to Philly, I'm sure my other friend in Jim Thorpe would put me up, too.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Thanks for the check ins ladies.

Happy Birthday Prackrat!!!!!

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat

I'm here.
Thanks Tonya for the birthday wishes. It was a good day. I'm starting to feel old. I'm offically 40 something...
I've started my cards. I can't wait to get some more quality scrap time..
Have a good week end ladies.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to PrackRat

I'm still here just really busy with work right now.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to cma2a17

happy belated birthday Nicole.. It was my sister's birthday on the 7th too!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I have to finish another swap up, which is just putting stuff into envies for a swap, and to mail off one that I just finished. I plan to start mine next weekend after I am done with FINALS for school. I will need some much needed SCRAPTIME or mediation relieve after 11 weeks of hard studying. It was rough, never take three classes, work full time and have a family...lol. UGH is all I can say.

I plan to try and get almost all mine done while on a weeklong break from school. For the ones that I don't get done, I will work on when I need a break in between working on school work the beginning of next quarter. But I will have all mine done. I have papers picked up for some great cards that I plan to use. I bought some new Bo Bunny papers, basic grey, and others. Whatever drew my attention and I thought would look great on some cards. New embellishments, die cuts and my Cricut cartridges that I haven't gotten to use yet. I plan to use on this batch of cards for you FINE LADIES!!!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Thanks for all the check ins too ladies.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

Hi,,JCI,,been really busy with the party planning for my daughters Quinceanera on June 23, the days are flying by now and I still have so much to do.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to armygirl

Hi there! im here going crazy with my busy life.. not used to being so busy!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles
In response to ScrapAngel4

jci

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Cool ladies. I am busy with finals and stuff. see you ladies this weekend after all the craziness is done with my school work.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm having a garage sale this weekend and finishing two of my swaps this week, so I'm busy this week as well. After this week, I will be working diligently on my cards!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool, your off to a good start. I am working on mine all this weekend and next week. I plan to knock them out while I am in my summer break for school.

lucyladybug
Veteran
lucyladybug

I have 5 more cards to make and then I am finished. I am trying to get them finished and mailed to TJCraftyWitch before we leave for vacation on Saturday.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool and I will let you know when they arrive.

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia

Anyone want to join me for a ssswap http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15775...

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17
In response to Drayia

I'm still working on mine

Page 5 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics