Username Post: CLOSED_CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/MAY-JULY ROUND        (Topic#1574259)
ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4
In response to Lookin4newideas

im up to 10..lol I have Drayia's and Prackrat's done... im on a role!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to ScrapAngel4

Ladies if we run a few days over its fine. I know some people have lost power. Shoot I have been ill the past few days. I am doing schoolwork and working on cards. You ladies are all good. I can't wait to swap these out. You ladies are so talented.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I have half my cards done. I didn't think to go down the list and do one person at a time like Kim was doing, so I went back and picked the hardest one first which was Lucy. And it turned out to be fun making them! I went online and googled baby bibs and printed a picture of bibs on white card stock to use on the baby shower card. It is so cute!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Cool...

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

yeah, I found it easier to go by person. then I bagged them up and put their names on it too. Sometimes i come up with a good idea or 2! LOL

i would appreciate a little more time to make these.. I dont want to rush.. Its been crazy here.. I lost 2 weeks in June because of all the craziness of my parents being here, my sons bday, end of school and end of year for Girl Scouts..

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I had just started making a bunch of cards and had about 20 done. Then I started doing it the way you did and it was fun making specific cards. Then this morning, I started separating the ones I made already and that part wasn't fun at all and trying to figure who gets what and the more cards I make the more ideas I get and the more embellishments I want to use and I try to keep organized, but it's not working. So, I one station that's Christmas, one that's birthday. This morning I dug out my Thanksgiving stuff, but can't find my papers, and this afternoon I dug out my Halloween stuff and spread that all over my dining room table.

I'm determined to get mine done today! I worked on the goody bags yesterday as I needed a break.

I have 2 people done and about 1-2 cards to make for each person.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

okay ladies. your all doing good. I am working on a few of mine tomorrow as well. Or today I should say.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

jci

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to Ms_Pebbles

I'm working on mine. Feeling a little stressed because I'm not done yet. I hate when I do this to myself..

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to PrackRat

Don't stress hun, if there abit late we are good ladies. I am still working on mine so don't fret ladies.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

Still making cards.. lol

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

• ScrapAngel4 Said:

Still making cards.. lol

lol...me too!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Ladies as long as we get these done and sent to me by the end of the month, that will be good. Okay so don't stress. We had alot of folks without electric and all that so lets give folks a few extra weeks, plus this heat has been bad.

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps
In response to Drayia

Ladies, cards are being made...should be out by Friday..latest Sat. Forgive me but I've been working like mad at Michael's trying to get funds in my home. Hubby not making what is needed and I have to pick up the slack. So again, apologies OK. I'm still here and creating...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to SanuraScraps

your fine hun.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I'm just curious... on average, how long does it take everyone to make one or two cards? (if you don't have a plan of what you're going to do?) I was on a roll and now I've drawn a blank. I made a stack of the cutest birthday cards and then last week my sister pointed out that they were all missing the "i". The digital die cut, cut them that way. So, now I have to see if I can somehow fix them and salvage them. There are about 4-5 of that way. Then it was my niece's bday on Monday and my sister's bday on the 18, so I used two cards already. And I was showing my therapist my cards and sorry, Pebbles, she liked the one I made especially for you and she bought it off of me for $3!! if I can find more images like that, I have an order for more. This was a picture my daughter had taped to her wall for the past 5 years! it was a picture from an old calendar.

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 07-12-12 05:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

What's the address of your therapist???? LOL

SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps

Am I good to say that if I don't finish (cause I got like 20 more and I thought I could get them done but kids and rain and power are factors) I can mail out next after my scrapbook retreat (July 21)? If so...I'd be sooooo greatful...I'm working on a ton of projects then...

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to SanuraScraps

Sally it all depends, I can get one card done it like 20 minutes on occasion then other times it takes me longer like 45 minutes. Depends on how much I am doing to it and can find the embellishments that I want on it. I spend time looking for embellishments. I am getting some great new ideas from my paper crafts mags and then from some other mags I was looking at.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

Good, if I do several the same, then I can set up an assembly line and get three done in an hour, otherwise I average 2-3 in 2 hours! I've been getting ideas from the internet and then from I can put my own twist on them.

Pebbles - If I ever get all my cards done for this swap, I'm hoping to make some extras and then leave a few with certain people at the VA so they can display them and then if people comment they can say "oh a patient sells them, I can give you her number if you're interested."

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics