Username Post: CLOSED_CMM Swap-2012-Private/Invite Only/MAY-JULY ROUND        (Topic#1574259)
SanuraScraps
Veteran
SanuraScraps
In response to Lookin4newideas

You ladies should try OSW cards (one sheet wonder) I've been using this and I can get at least 11 cards out of 1 sheet of 12x12 patterned paper. Google it or better yet here...
http://www.google.com/search?q=one+sheet+wo nder+cards&a...
they are great, especially for a swap like this one where we are making a ton of cards for each other. I've started using this and I put my own twist to the cards. I use the cutting template but that's it. I make my own design for the cards. Try it...I bet you get a ton of cards done and won't be able to stop. Believe me, it's happened to me! hehehehe

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to SanuraScraps

thanks! I should have asked earlier in the swap!

Unfortunately, I bought 5x7 envelopes. This is my first time making cards, so I didn't know any better. It might work on some. I wish I knew more stamping techniques, too. No one around me stamps.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

I make some of mine similar, but if the woman like different colors I use those colors they like.

I use some new sheets of paper and I also use some of my scraps from other swaps and stuff, it great to use your scraps to make cards, flowers and tags and square punches and stuff for cards.

Sally on stamping, you can just do basic black ink or colored ink of a square, circle or rectangle, maybe emboss the image, or just ink the edges of the paper with different ink, distress the edges. Then add stickles, smooch or bling to some places of the stamped images and your done. Add some ribbon, bling, brads or other pieces of scrap paper to background of card in different directions and it adds layers of the card.
Hope this helps.

I will maybe do next ones a little different next round. Maybe have us sign up for different techniques groups in one part of it and then make like 2 cards per person with type they want, and folks can sign up for like 3 groups that are different techniques. Like embossing, distressed, 3-d, and so on. That way its slightly different. I will think on it.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I tried that OSW yesterday, I got 9 cards, probably could have gotten one or two more, but I got bored with the same design. And then, because I had already made so many bday cards, I didn't need them all anyway! But I'm going to use them in another swap, so I can still use them. I did practice using a stamp and the two that I liked the most are the ones I used. Today I made three Thanksgiving cards that I liked!

Thanksgiving cards I made for a swap By Lookin4newideas

Here, I got three cards out of one sheet of pp. But the cards are 5x7.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Hey I love birthday cards, so feel free to give me more then one birthday card. You don't have to give different ones and cover all the groups the ladies want. Some people pick 2-3 types and make two of the same type for them. Some folks have limited stamps or words. Its cool. Mom loves birthday cards as well.

cma2a17
Governor
cma2a17

I'm super glad to see that we've all agreed to extend to the end of the month! I was freaking out this weekend cuz I got so far behind with work and then this weekend I got a leak. We go SEVERAL weeks without rain and then when we get a couple days of rain I get a leak UGH! I think we got it fixed this morning finally. So hopefully nothing else comes up this week so I can finish up my cards.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to cma2a17

Hi ladies, i am still working on mine too. School is busy, basic insurance is not easy it is alot of looking up codes.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

What are you going to school for, TJ? What kind of insurance? Health? what kind of coding? icd-9/cpt coding?

armygirl
Diva
armygirl

I am finishing mine up too. So glad we have till the end of the month,,I lost track of time with all the Party palnning I had going on in June for my DD 15th Birthday, Lots of family came in from out of town, and we were hosting them at our house. It got a little bit Overwhelming. Things are back to normal and I will be mailing mine out By the weekend. Going shopping today to get some of the goodies to ship to each of the ladies along with their cards.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to armygirl

Sally, I am going to school for Medical Reimbursement Technology A.A. degree. I am taking Basic Insurance and Anatomy and Physiology II this quarter.
The insurance chapters were covering right now is ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM, plus CPT later this quarter. I have 5 textbooks for this class alone, if that tells you anything. Three are for the coding, one textbook and the other is the workbook.

After I get this degree I am going for my Healthcare Administrative Management B.S. degree.

I am getting ready to do some schoolwork now, and around midnight I plan to work on cards for a few hours. Its quiet then and no interuptions.

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

ICD-10? That must be new, never heard of that. I've been in the health insurance claims and referrals industry for the past 20 years. My last job was in Medical management. I wanted to go to school and get a nursing degree to working as an rn in med mgt and then my back went out on me. I could never do any clinicals to get my degree. Luckily, all my training was OJT. I started out in PA working for Prudential. They had a six week crash course training class. But now, I'm paying for it. Now that I'm over 50 and so many out there, they want that college degree, they don't care about your experience level. Good think you're getting a degree.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

The ICD-10 is the newest revision. It goes in effect this fall I believe. So we are being alerted to the changes as we learn.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Sally I meant to tell you I loved your cards that you made and posted here. Very lovely cards.

ScrapAngel4
Mayor
ScrapAngel4

wow a lot of information posted here. lol great ideas everyone

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
Sally I meant to tell you I loved your cards that you made and posted here. Very lovely cards.

Thanks! I'm trying to at least put personal touches on 2 cards for each person according to their wishes. then the next group is mass produced.. I am just about finished finished. YAY!!!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas

I think I might actually be done.. going over them now, putting some last finishing touches of embellishments on some, making sure they all have envelopes, matching up the goody bags.. Can't wait to clean up my mess!

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!!! I just need to find one stinkin' envelope and that's it!!!

Edited by Lookin4newideas on 07-19-12 05:10 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Congrats Sally!!!

Ms_Pebbles
Diva
Ms_Pebbles

5 more to go for me!

PrackRat
Diva
PrackRat
In response to Ms_Pebbles

Checking in. I'm still here.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to PrackRat

Thanks ladies, mom and me are still working on ours.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics