Username Post: I Want to Scrap My Cellulite        (Topic#1574269)
runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Seriously.

I've been a running fool for ten years and I still have cellulite. When I'm on a training schedule and eating right, I don't care. When I'm off track and not eating right, I beat myself up over body image issues.

When I was running a half marathon a couple of years ago, one of the race photographers did a great job capturing the cellulite on my left leg. Hey, it's an action shot, right?

I have some ideas on how to embellish the page and confront my issues and celebrate what I CAN do but I want to hear your ideas.

How would you embellish this page? How do you embellish pages about yourself?

Got any clever title ideas?

Would you like to share your personal history with body image?

Edited by runzalot81 on 04-28-12 10:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to runzalot81

Alissa,
This topic struck home big time! We are brought up to believe that celebrities are naturally beautiful! I am in the industry and I know that without make-up, botox and photo touching there is no celebrity that is naturally perfect.
I would try and make this positive! Quotes about beauty within and perhaps a few things that you LOVE about you!! You are a beautiful lady!!!
Hugs, EllenBee

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

for some reason using bubble wrap with those tiny bubbles comes to mind. You can use a piece of bubble wrap and stamp dots on your paper. It's a very cool effect.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Gelidy Gelato

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
for some reason using bubble wrap with those tiny bubbles comes to mind. You can use a piece of bubble wrap and stamp dots on your paper. It's a very cool effect.

I was thinking the same thing.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I was reading that cellulite is caused by water in the tissue? So at leat you're well hydrated?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I was reading that cellulite is caused by water in the tissue? So at leat you're well hydrated?

Well, then I've been well hydrated since I was 10 years old

Love the idea about the bubble wrap!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

No ideas from me, but this is a great idea for a layout! Not every battle can be won, but we can still have a good attitude about dealing with the cards we are dealt.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-28-12 05:55 PM
In response to Luvmyfam

This is awesome. Funny, and therapeutic. For added texture consider the new TH bubble wrap embossing folder. Maybe a little Bazzill orange peel textured cardstock. I'd probably make a title something along the lines of "who the f*** cares, I'm awesome!"

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to stick

• stick Said:
This is awesome. Funny, and therapeutic. For added texture consider the new TH bubble wrap embossing folder. Maybe a little Bazzill orange peel textured cardstock. I'd probably make a title something along the lines of "who the f*** cares, I'm awesome!"

Have we met?

Orange peel cardstock is a great idea. I have some... somewhere.

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

Ilove the ideas suggested here. I agree that a positive spin on the page is the way to go. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I hate that society says everyone has to have a perfect face and body. You go girl.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to pwiswell

Definitely going to be positive! And the fun I poke at myself is for the negative self talk I indulge in from time to time, not my imperfect body.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Cellulike.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to sbartist

Don't forget to use GooseBumps (it is a clear coat that dries to a shiny orangepeel texture : ).

Msceejay2000
Veteran
Msceejay2000
In response to Mr Mister

I can relate.

My Title, in little letters "I'm so very, very close to" in big letters "PERFECT"

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Msceejay2000

• Msceejay2000 Said:
I can relate.

My Title, in little letters "I'm so very, very close to" in big letters "PERFECT"

Oh I'm definitely a hot mess!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics