Username Post: Stickers and Crops        (Topic#1574321)
scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan

I know this topic often comes up and lately I've been reading every one. I'm in kinda a pickle and was hoping someone here might have some advice.

I don't do a lot of scrapping at home as I just don't have the space. I do go to weekend crops a few times/yr though so my scrap stuff generally stays packed (plus is saves on space that way).

I've been having trouble finding a decent way to organize my stickers so they're organized and portable. I don't have a lot of stickers but enough, especially alphas that I like to take them back and forth.

Last yr I purchased an expandable folder, but the bottom doesn't expand so it filled pretty quickly and it just recently broke. I liked it because it had a hard top and a sturdy handle. I see in many threads that people have their stickers in binders so I thought I'd try that. I bought a covered sticker binder and some of the inserts/pages. I'm finding that the pockets aren't big enough, so the stickers all fall out when I turn the pages.

So I'm wondering a couple of things, people who use binders, do they generally just put several pkgs of stickers in one one pocket page (like a page protector, one opening)? Do they move around a lot in your binder?

Is there anything else I can do? I've seen people use the clip-it-up, but I don't have the space for one and I don't think they're very portable. I've also heard of people just using a clear 12x12 bin, but I really like having them sorted by color/topic.

Any help is appreciated! THANKS!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to scrappindmbfan

I like the binder idea but if you have so many that they are falling out, maybe you just need another binder.....

Alison

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to kiyawinn

I have the same issue with them falling out and someone suggested that they use velcro on the openings to keep the openings closed

I haven't tried it yet but I'm planning to

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Ohio4HMom

They're falling out of the pockets because the pockets aren't the right size, it doesn't have to do with the binder. The binder zips closed. The pockets are either too wide, too short, or can't be used at all because they're too small

Velcro would be ok on the ones where they fit at least. that's a good suggestion

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I don't use a lot of stickers, but what I do have, I keep in cd/DVD cases by theme. I put whatever embellishments will fit in there. Label it, and store in cd rack.
To take, you could just grab what your working on, (I.e. Baby, family, clouds, tags)
The cases are cheap. I mainly used the clear cd cases from my kids CDs. Pulled the middle cd holder out, and use the case. I cut the sticker sheets to fit. It's easier to see if that's what you want to use, when you can just hold up a small piece anyway. The holders are fairly cheap, can be bought anywhere and dont use much room.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to SherylEb

I have a PSB (paper sticker binder) ... but I don't use the stickers in there much (out of sight, out of mind)

unfortunately, I don't really have space for another solution

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to madmatter

I have tried a lot of things too. My favorite for a crop is the expandable Cropper Hopper folder. It stores a ton and the bottom expands. I have two of these on my table when I crop. I keep most of my embellishments on Clip it Ups and put the ones I want at my fingertips in the expandable folders. It doesn't have handles, but sits very nicely on the tables. It is 40% off at HL.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to 950nancy

Tim Holtz has the new paper taker that's for 12 x 12 sheets that might be an awesome for you.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 04-29-12 04:54 PM
In response to Sneezy1956

I use those 12 x 12 expandable envie things that you can see through for my alpha stickers, but I have to do a lot of thumbing through to find what I want. I have thought about using a binder, but haven't done so yet. I am interested to see what you find that works.

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to meela

Because I have to pack for a crop next weekend, I decided to just go get another exandable folder and just use it for my alphas so it's not so full. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with my other stickers. I don't really use the others very much so I might get some of the clear envelopes and sort them by topic and label them.

Thanks for all the help

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I've had success transporting stickers in a plastic shoebox.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics