Username Post: Mr Men and Little Miss ideas?        (Topic#1574345)
KellyDee
Tenant
KellyDee

I've got some lovely 6x6 papers of Little Miss designs. However, my scrapbook is 8x8! Any ideas on the best way to use them? If I just stick one sheet in the middle of the page, it looks a bit daft. I have one photo of my 18th birthday cake, which was Mr Men themed, so would like to use this with the papers, but struggling for ideas!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to KellyDee

Mat the 6x6 onto a piece of 8x8 cardstock or patterned paper. You don't even have to center it, you can place it in the corner of the 8x8. You could also cut your 6x6 into 3x3 squares and then place those evenly onto an 8x8, so that you have a four square look.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to justowen

I'd use the 8x8 as a mat in a coordinating color.

Where'd you find the pp?

KellyDee
Tenant
KellyDee
In response to Seaexplore

Hi. Thank you for those. The cutting into squares idea sounds good. I've done it with photos but not with actual papers so will give it a go.

Sorry I'm being thick here but I'm new to the forum. What do you mean by PP?

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to KellyDee

pp= patterned paper

The best way to learn things is to ask questions, so don't apologize for having a question. Even the most experienced scrappers run into a mind-block where they can't see the "obvious" solution to something.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to justowen

Use kraft paper for the 8x8 pages then use the patterned paper for circle & square photo mats as well as the embellishments like flowers, stars, borders, accent bands and banners. See the gallery here on the website for great examples of layouts using kraft paper as backgrounds. It makes the other colors you use really richer and pop. You can even cut them from grocery bags to get the paper. The effect will be the same.

KellyDee
Tenant
KellyDee
In response to Mr Mister

Hi. Thanks once again for your replies.
PP - patterned paper obviously! Whoops! I got them off ebay, really cheap. 12 sheets for 99p (10 different and 2 additional) They're acid free and very good quality.
I think I'm definitely going to go with the 'squares' idea. Will post a photo when done!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics