Page 2 of 20 
Username Post: May BUDGET CHALLENGE - PLAY ALONG IF YOU DARE!!        (Topic#1574375)
northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to northernmemories

thanks for all the welcomes

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

I'm definitely joining in, I just gotta figure out my budget and lists... will post soon.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Crafty Nautolan

Same thing that's wrong with me, Pat. I got a ridiculous amount of stuff from HC last week. I'm expecting a package from another new team I joined (announcing on Thursday) and I still have a long list of stuff I want

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Yeah - right? My STASH which is all over the top of my desk, in my scraproom drawers and cabinets, in boxes in my closet, in my totes....

I have so much stash my stash has stash.

I do not need to spend any money - but GADS...the spring distress inks are ...

Well, I don't HAVE them. Yet.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I want those inks too Pat. Darn TH anyway:):):)
I went overboard last month, but I did participate in the 20/20 challenge and completed it.
I will set my budget at $75.
Wishlist: TH spring inks and whatever else tickle my fancy:)
Twist: No paper packs, brads or ribbon.
I need to use some of these up.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek

ok this will be interesting...

My budget $100

Wishlist - October Afternoon 5&dime, Echo Park HelloSummer, Studio Calico new Mister Huey colours, SC Graphs & Bubbles masks, MyMindsEye Indie line...have I reached a 100 yet. oh a darn 1" square punch, I get to the store and can't force myself to spend the $10 for a dang punch then I get home and kick myself for not buying it.

twist - no THICKERS! arghh

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

Hey ladies, I'm in again! thanks Vivian for hosting. also, Sonja thanks for hosting you've been great!

My budget is 10$ because I don't need anything at all, but just in case I have $10 left from the original 20$ I was going to spend this month.

Twist: I need to use at least 1/4 of my new orders and paper I haven't even opened before going to any scrapbooking store!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to ShaylaCreations

good idea Shayla!!!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LOL well Melissa, technically we probably could all shop from our stashes....I would love if we could all get together and purge our stashes LOL How fun would that be?

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to newtoscrapping2011

Welcome Melissa and Stacy!!

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-01-12 11:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to newtoscrapping2011

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
LOL well Melissa, technically we probably could all shop from our stashes....I would love if we could all get together and purge our stashes LOL How fun would that be?

Ok - so let's all pack up and drive to a neutral location and switch it all out!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vivian Lake

umm technically it is still the 1st - can I change my twist to ummm no dies - cause that is the danger for me right now!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to ShaylaCreations

• ShaylaCreations Said:
Hey ladies, I'm in again! thanks Vivian for hosting. also, Sonja thanks for hosting you've been great!

My budget is 10$ because I don't need anything at all, but just in case I have $10 left from the original 20$ I was going to spend this month.

Twist: I need to use at least 1/4 of my new orders and paper I haven't even opened before going to any scrapbooking store!

I don't think I would ever be able to shop again... I have so many collections that I HAD to have and haven't had time to use them yet.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Vivian Lake

• Vivian Lake Said:

Ok - so let's all pack up and drive to a neutral location and switch it all out!!

LOL Like that idea, like new found money.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to carbphrek

Hey - funny how life imitates virtual reality.

We were just talking about this at my LSS crop last weekend. And the more we talked, the more we decided that we really DID need to make something happen with all our excesses.

Upshot - I'm hosting a scrap-c*r*a*p-swap-and-bb q at my house in June. The admission is a pot luck and a box of scrap items you want to swap out.

Anything left over will be taken to the local preschool or elder day care.

It should be a fun evening.

Doesn't help YOU ladies out, but at least it might give you some inspiration to see if there are others in your own necks of the assorted woods and fields in the same boat.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Hey - funny how life imitates virtual reality.

We were just talking about this at my LSS crop last weekend. And the more we talked, the more we decided that we really DID need to make something happen with all our excesses.

Upshot - I'm hosting a scrap-c*r*a*p-swap-and-bb q at my house in June. The admission is a pot luck and a box of scrap items you want to swap out.

Anything left over will be taken to the local preschool or elder day care.

It should be a fun evening.

Doesn't help YOU ladies out, but at least it might give you some inspiration to see if there are others in your own necks of the assorted woods and fields in the same boat.

great idear there!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to Crafty Nautolan

Pat - my cropping group that meet up one sunday a month - about 12-15 of us - have a "dump" table. We bring in books, magazines, papers, stickers, yarn, crafty items and whatever else you want to get rid of. The lss that we meet at, takes the leftovers and donates it to the local children's medical center & mcdonald house.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to carbphrek

That's a great plan. A REALLY great plan.

I'm not sure where our local McDonald house is, but I'm positive we HAVE one - I mean, Oklahoma City, duh.

I'll check into this. That's a really WONDERFUL idea!

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

I just hosted a scrap retreat and we had a garage sale table and then the lss (45 minutes away) had a sale and I made enough to get a new album for our last trip at spring break although he wont let me print any pictures till another album gets done.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories

oh I just took a break from typing to finish dinner and I had an idea.... How about a swap inside a challenge but only if it is ok with Vivian. I will start a box of things that need a good home and I will send it to another person in the group who would like to participate. They shop my stash and for every item they take they replace it with something from their stash and send it along to the next person. The box at the end gets sent back to me and I will donate it to the local women's shelter. We can get some new get rid of some old and not break our budgets! What do you think?

Page 2 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics