Page 3 of 20 
Username Post: May BUDGET CHALLENGE - PLAY ALONG IF YOU DARE!!        (Topic#1574375)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to northernmemories

Welcome Melissa, Nicole and Stacey - I can see you are all going to be GREAT additions to our little group!

Oooo Spring TH stamps... those were on sale the other day at Flowers 2 Flourishes... I resisted, but only because I'm flat broke till Friday. Vivian, can you add those to my Wishlist for this month?? Might pick 'em up at the Expo if the price is right...

And Courtney... !!! I just got an email from Scraputante that Kelly is extending that 30% off sale with free shipping thru Friday!!! I may bust before the first week is over!

Pat!!! You are cracking me up! Stash has a stash... *snort* hilarious!

Riiiight Shayla... way to make us all look like gluttons! I hope you can stick to your $10 budget, you overachiever you! LOL!

What a GREAT idea for a scrap swap! And such a great cause! I know my crop group that meets at M's once a month has a garage sale table that we can 'shop' and trade in. I've missed the last two, but I know I have plenty of things that need a good new home!

And Melissa, I think the swap inside a challenge idea is currently called the Ugly Paper Challenge on here!! At least that's what I use it for! LOL! I'm a firm believer in the 'One person's trash is another's treasure' philosophy so if everyone's game, I'm sure we could come up with something like that! Great idea! Ooo there you go, call it the Trash to Treasure Challenge!

I am currently going through my stash prepping for my all-day crop on Saturday as well as NSD. I can't wait!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vivian Lake

I am in trouble - the sneak peak for the new catalogue for SU went up today for demos (we don't actually get to see the new catalogue online until next week) but oh oh....

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I think it's a great idea - if we can all follow through with it.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to GentlewoodFarms

I like it too, but shipping costs could be a problem.

northernmemories
Diva
northernmemories
In response to tinadn

When it comes to shipping we would use a flat rate box so everyone who gets it pays the same no more no less
and if I remember correctly Swaps dont count in our budget....

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

I will be the first to admit that I am awful about getting to the post office! Its not the expense its the act of actually getting there that's the problem lol. So I definitely won't participate in the swap but I think its a neat idea

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to newtoscrapping2011

I can't
a) because we don't have such things as flat rate boxes
b) our postal system really bites compared to yours
c) I am moving from Canada to England in 3 weeks so maybe a little too far (even though their postal system is way better than ours)

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Melissa,

What a great idea! But for me personally, I'm probably not going to go thru with it. My sister already "hosts" a challenge on FB where we post things we want to swap out. It kind of ran itself which was so nice. We were all excited in the beginning but it has kind of fizzled for now.

Feel free to start a challenge of your own, but I'd rather not keep up with two challenges within one.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

The swap sounds like a great idea but I can't commit right now.

Still thinking about my budget...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to runzalot81

quiet around here today..hope no one is shopping LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

Technically no, but I was browsing Scraputante earlier... I really like the Authentique Loyal collection... really cute boy papers! Have to wait until Friday, but I'll probably take advantage of that 30% off deal...

Can I add the Authentique Loyal line to my wishlist too, Vivian??? LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

LMAO!! I have that line Sonja and it is GORGEOUS!!! she also got some new Authentique in glory and uhhh i forget LOL....they arent entered in the store yet....

Im headed over to her place sunday again hope she still has some deals LOL!!

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake

Sonja is keeping me busy with her wish list!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

Courtney, SHOOSH!!!

Who, ME, Vivian?!

That's it, I swear. Maybe I should add no 'other' papers to my twist though...

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to SonjaC

Lmao!! Sonja one thing I love about this is no matter how bad I busted last month this month is a new month and I will pretend to be a controlled scrap shopper all I want I am trying to impress our new memebers don't ruin it for me lol, no but seriously I really hope I can stick to my budget because I have so much and so little time to scrap.. plus if idon't use it now, i may not ever.. I always want the latest scrap collections and the old become shelf candy.

lol Tina so true!

Mellissa that is a good idea, I usually do it with the ladies at the crops. when i do get to go, but right now I am in denial that I have plans for my scrappy stash haha.. probably in a few months it will hit me again.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I'm still thinking

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to ShaylaCreations

Nope, Shayla, I'm callin' your bluff here! But I do hope you're able to not bust same as me! I'm going to really (really) try not to shop too much at the Expo on Saturday. There is NOTHING I really need save for good storage space! Love your 'shelf candy' term! I was going through old papers I had and realized... hey, I've got some cute stuff in here... when did I get that?!

Having said that, I have a cart-full of goodies at Scraputante... Courtney, is the AprilShowers coupon not good anymore??? I tried to use it and it said invalid!! Help!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I get to share some news today!

I'm going to be the video coordinator for Scrap That! A kit club.
Can't wait to get my package!

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to runzalot81

Congrats Alissa. sounds interesting

M's has a 25%off coupon for today including sale items. I might go in and see if they have that square punch. The Mike's around here are stinky so not too worried on spending money. I've been in 3 different Mike's in the last 6 weeks and have spent ZERO.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to carbphrek

wow Alissa - that sounds very cool! will be lurking over at the site!

Stacey- isn't it wierd how some people find amazing stuff at Ms and some nothing. We have 3 Ms here and they are all different! Of course the closest one - is the worst one!

Page 3 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics