Page 4 of 20 
Username Post: May BUDGET CHALLENGE - PLAY ALONG IF YOU DARE!!        (Topic#1574375)
tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

That's awesome news Alissa! Congrats!!!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to tinadn

Woohoo Alissa!! That's waaaay cool!!!

Heading to the PO today to mail my uglies out and will probably drop by M's to see if there's anything I can't live w/o... I really need bling for this Spring Splurge Challenge sb.com is doing! Anyone else see that??? I'm ALLL over that Tiffany's g/c so you guys don't need to enter this week!

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to SonjaC

Awesome Alissa!!!

"shelf candy" = new quote!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to Vivian Lake

Spent $18 at M's today! Don't know if it all counts, but I got two of those photo storage boxes cuz they were only $2 each! Also got a few blingy words out of the $1 bin, a clearance Bead Landing item and a clearance EK punch for $8. I did get a floral bouquet, but it's for decorating the crystal vase in my guest bathroom so that doesn't count! That 25% off was a good coupon, though it didn't count towards my clearance items...

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to SonjaC

WAHOOEY congrats Alissa, you are on fire lately!!

I may or may not have played hookie today....and I may or may not have gone to Kellys to scrap LOL....but I DID NOT spend any money...LOL and I didnt forget my trimmer this time!!

I did however go to J's and buy a back up trimmer because I always have brain cramps when it comes to that thing..I had a 50% off coupon so it was only $15.00. I also went to AC Moore and spent $21 on 3 packages of tim holtz embossing folders...they were 40% off each..even the new bubble wrap and honeycomb one...then I went to M's and only spent $24 but a large part of that was for my rotating carousel for my scrappy desk...I got a large roll of burlap and some adhesive backed canvas which seemed like fun....

Off to a business association board meeting...i will possibly have a much needed nap LOL

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to northernmemories

And Sonja I did see that challenge...that G/C is MINE!! lol although $200 is nothing at tiffany LOL it would still be awesome..I would be happy with the $50 g/c to sb.com LOL

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to newtoscrapping2011

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
And Sonja I did see that challenge...that G/C is MINE!! lol although $200 is nothing at tiffany LOL it would still be awesome..I would be happy with the $50 g/c to sb.com LOL

Dream ON woman, I already called it! LOL

And what's this may or may not business??? Way to be vague! lol! I'm so impressed you didn't spend any $$$ at Kelly's... I might just give you a gold star for the day!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Oh and I may or may not have walked over to Office Depot and got a $10 zippered 3-ring binder to store my acrylic stamps in... rather than paying $35 for a TH one! I haveta count that, don't I?

kdinsmore
Guru
kdinsmore
In response to SonjaC

Hello ladies! I'm going to try and be more active this month. I was thinking about my budget and was going to go with $20. I walked into Tuesday Morning, and they had 5 $10 Cosmo Cricket scrapbooking kits! I got Salt Air, Social Club, Upycle, Clementine, and Dear Mr. Claus. So, I'm busted, or I'm going to have to redo the budget and wishlist. Ideas ladies and leader?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to kdinsmore

lol did you actually communicate your budget yet?

And I may or may not have understood that in one sentence Courtney didn't spend money (at Kelly's which is a miracle) and then promptly went elsewhere and spent money. Methinks the newest inventory is not yet in inventory at Kelly's!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to kdinsmore

• kdinsmore Said:
Hello ladies! I'm going to try and be more active this month. I was thinking about my budget and was going to go with $20. I walked into Tuesday Morning, and they had 5 $10 Cosmo Cricket scrapbooking kits! I got Salt Air, Social Club, Upycle, Clementine, and Dear Mr. Claus. So, I'm busted, or I'm going to have to redo the budget and wishlist. Ideas ladies and leader?

Sounds like a great deal. Darn I knew I should have went to TM this week.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
Oh and I may or may not have walked over to Office Depot and got a $10 zippered 3-ring binder to store my acrylic stamps in... rather than paying $35 for a TH one! I haveta count that, don't I?

up to you, but I don't count storage only supplies

Vivian Lake
Guru
Vivian Lake
In response to tinadn

Sonja - I may be outvoted on the $10 zipper binder!! If it were solely up to me . . . To store all of our scrap candy costs just as much or more (sometimes) as the candy itself.

But, it's not like I'm going to reach thru the computer and

Katie - maybe we should pretend your very first post didn't happen! LOL It will be a VERY long month if you bust before you even officially post on here.

Edited by Vivian Lake on 05-04-12 02:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vivian Lake

well I will be very safe this weekend with my budget - going to the cottage so not even scrapping on NSD (oh well it needs to be done!) Relaxing and enjoying Lake Huron sunsets - can't be beat!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011

LMAO ladies...yes that is exactly what the problem was Tammy! She has so many new things that arent entered yet...Im gonna end up busting before the weekend is out LOL

I have no idea why I try to set a low budget for myself it never works LOL...

Sonja that is a splendid idea...I am going to have to see if i can find a zipper binder...Speaking of stamp storage, I know we have a few stampers here...how do you store your stamps....I have mine in page protectors in a zipper binder now but I hate it LOL...any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

acrylics in SU DVD cases - they sell them separately and my woods ones are stored in their own cases. I actually changed to keep 2 sets of SU acrylic stamps in one DVD so had extra for some of my non SU stamps and some of the tiny ones I keep in trading card binder sheets (you know the ones with 9 slots) and so I have a binder for those and some other things like sketches and templates I use

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh and Courtney - you just set a budget cause you love hanging with us!

jnzmom
jnzmom 
Diva
jnzmom
In response to northernmemories

OK I really need to get my spending under control. I needed to quit collection and start using. My budget (man I hate that word) $20.00 bc I really don't needed anything, but you know how that goes and my twist is NO NO Cricut stuff. Now to just stay off E-bay and I should be ok lol

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
LMAO ladies...yes that is exactly what the problem was Tammy! She has so many new things that arent entered yet...Im gonna end up busting before the weekend is out LOL

I have no idea why I try to set a low budget for myself it never works LOL...

Sonja that is a splendid idea...I am going to have to see if i can find a zipper binder...Speaking of stamp storage, I know we have a few stampers here...how do you store your stamps....I have mine in page protectors in a zipper binder now but I hate it LOL...any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've tried the folder, the acrylic CD cases and ended up liking the larger ones in their origonal packaging in a baskets best. Came up with this because I have many CTMH stamps and they come in 6x6 packaging. As for the smaller ones, back to the acylic CDS BUT some have melted. Don't know why????? I keep them all together in a cool dry space.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to tinadn

Oh my.

It's May 4 and I've not spent any money this month.

I'm feeling woozy.

Page 4 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics