Username Post: Switching to 3 ring binder...        (Topic#1574399)
Rowena
Rowena 
Veteran
Rowena

I am making the jump to 3 ring binders so I wanted to put a big bulk order in to convert my old post bound albums. I have been reading reviews on 3 ring binders, and have seen really good things about the We R Memory Keeper albums. However I have also seen blog posts and reviews talking about the corner pieces gouging up shelves and coffee tables. Anyone with some experience on these guys? I really want something uniform, and am also considering the Pioneer Albums that seem to accomodate a lot (bigger D ring) but not a lot of reviews on these guys. They have rounded corners, which seems like it would help with the gouging but was wondering if anyone knew how they held up to being handled a lot.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 05-01-12 06:53 AM
In response to Rowena

I have never had a problem with gouging from the W R Memory Keepers albums.
I have also never used a Pioneer album primarily because I have found that I don't like their sheet protectors - they are just a hair too short.
I make mostly 'lumpy bumpy' los and they stick out of the Pioneer protectors.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to GMFTS

I have used Hillier albums for years.
The only 'issue' I had was a brass corner came off my album.

Admittedly, this WAS user-errror! I was storing them on metal mesh shelving. The albums were too big to fit in the space, but I was shoving them in anyway. The brass corner must have 'caught' and came off.

I wouldn't think storing them on a flat wood shelf would be any problem.

Rowena
Rowena 
Veteran
Rowena
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thank you for the responses ladies, it brings up another point. I really was going to use Becky Higgins page protectors in whatever binder I buy...are those made to fit in a specific album or will they work in the We R and Pioneer albums?

I thought I read they will fit most, but wanted to make sure.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Rowena

I think here are many different page protectors that will fit.

I use C-Line page protectors in my D-ring albums.

I did buy a different brand of page protector in the past and they were too wide.

(Hopefully I can explain this... )
I found if pages have an extra space/column along the holes, they tend to be too wide and stick out the edge of the album.

I linked two here that should illustrate what I'm talking about. The post bound protectors will fit (the holes line up, etc.), but because of the extra space near the holes, they are too wide.

Rowena
Rowena 
Veteran
Rowena
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thank you Linda! I totally get what you are saying, I'm sure there are some techinical terms in there but what you typed came across perfectly. Appreciate all your responses!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Rowena

It's nice that someone can benefit from my 'mistake.'

Years ago, I bought the wider page protectors at Michaels. I took them back, explaining to the clerk the problem (they are slightly too big for my album).

She replied, "well, you could use the 8 1/2 x 11 ones."

cricketnest
Diva
cricketnest
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have all my LO in I think American Crafts 3 ring Binders. I used to get them half price at Hobby Lobby. I love them. I never do anything in order so i love being able to move them around. I have not tried to use a different brand of page protecters in them though. Recently Hobby Lobby has not put their Name brand albums on sale for half off and have just been doing their brand. So I bought one of them with some extra page protecters. I havent used it yet though.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to cricketnest

I love the We R Memory Keeper albums and I have never had a problem with the corner pieces coming off or gouging coffee tables, etc. I think it's all in the handling of the album, but that is just my humble opinion.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to scarlet864

I love three ring binders and refuse to buy another post album! I just posted on my blog about this!!!
I have several We R Memory Keeper albums and love them. Stampin' Up has recently switched to 3 ring albums but I have not tried them yet.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics