Username Post: Embossing        (Topic#1574403)
pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell

I just bought a new embossing heat tool, a versa ink pad and embossing powder. I tried it out and got a nice image, but would like to hear what others use for inks/powders. I've seen the colored embossing powders, but don't know how they work. Can you use colored ink pads? Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to pwiswell

You can use colored embossing powder with the clear versa mark ink or colored ink with the clear embossing powder. I've done both.

Only thing I'd say to watch for is :
Embossing powders - some are more of a matte finish. Not too many, but if I emboss it, I want it to shine a little. It should tell you on the jar if it's matte finish.
Distress powders aren't supposed to give perfect coverage, it's supposed to look distressed. That bugs me, but probably just me.
There is clear powder and kaleidoscope clear. Kaleidoscope is more glittery. Also make sure ink is pigment ink. It dries slower and more time for embossing powder to stick.

Just have fun playing.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to SherylEb

I love to stamp with colored ink and go over with clear utte.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Sneezy1956

I use Artemio brand. It's available here in Holland and it works great. I use the clear Versamark and go over it with coloured embossing powder. I also mix different colours n also if I want a certain colour to have sparkles, I add them. I recently bought a pearl embossinging powder and am working on a card right now on which I used it. All I can say is, I love it.
Me fave colours to work with are the copper, antique gold, white, pearl and sparkle.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics