Username Post: Presto Punch not all that great        (Topic#1574411)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I just got the Spellbinders Presto Punch, which I have wanted since it came out. It is not very convenient, which was its selling point. It can only punch with the thinnest papers. I bought some Presto Punch punches, including an alphabet, and I return again and again to my Cuttlebug (the Presto Punch die work in Cuttlebug). I will stick with regular punches. The only good thing about the Presto Punch is that storage of the punches is easy. They take up much less room. You do not have to have all these bulky punches. But, traditional punches are much easier to use.

Spellbinders
New Kid On the Block
Spellbinders
In response to jaspernonyx

Hi there! Thank you so much for your comprehensive review of the Presto Punch. We're so sorry that you find the machine lacking in certain areas. Do you do any crafting beyond punches? Our traditional Spellbinders die line can cut through a variety of materials at various thicknesses. We'd love to send you a sample of one of our traditional die templates that you can use in your Cuttlebug machine. In addition... if there's anything we can do to help you find more satisfaction in your Presto Punch... don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for being a Spellbinders Customer.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-02-12 01:27 PM
In response to Spellbinders

• Spellbinders Said:
Hi there! Thank you so much for your comprehensive review of the Presto Punch. We're so sorry that you find the machine lacking in certain areas. Do you do any crafting beyond punches? Our traditional Spellbinders die line can cut through a variety of materials at various thicknesses. We'd love to send you a sample of one of our traditional die templates that you can use in your Cuttlebug machine. In addition... if there's anything we can do to help you find more satisfaction in your Presto Punch... don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for being a Spellbinders Customer.

You can send me a sample if you're handing them out ...

Spellbinders
New Kid On the Block
Spellbinders
In response to stick

Clever girl xoxo

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Spellbinders

I am another very disappointed customer. It goes through 8 batteries like crazy and if I purchase the electric cord it will cost me nearly another 40 with shipping costs. It does not do a good job cutting through cardstock. It weighed enough to make it quite costly to return it to Joanne's where I ordered online. You have to purchase more folders because the middle where they fold in half breaks. Sorry spellbinders... this is not a worthwhile product. I can't bring myself to purchase another one of your cutters after spending over $100 for this machine and the additional punches. I really wanted this to be a good cutter so I could punch and craft on days when my arthritis made it difficult to use hand punches.

Resident
In response to pinkpaperairedale

yup I agree I am another one that has a presto punch sitting on a shelf... I fought and tried to get it to be "easy" for days... but now its easier to leave it sit on the shelf

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to must_love_paper

Though my Presto Punch also sits on a shelf, I am overall a loyal Spellbinders' customer. The Presto Punch sounded great--what happened? It seems some things were not thought out very clearly: paper crafters obviously need punches and die that can cut cardstock. This seems intuitive. Having said this, I love Spellbinders' other stuff and I am anxiously awaiting my first nesties! Spellbinders should focus on thier wonderful die and leave the punches up to Martha Stewart.

Kim

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jaspernonyx

Even the best companies have a dud every now and again.

what stopped me from purchasing was the size of the dies.

Do try the traditional spellbinders dies, though, because they are PHENOMENAL,,,,,,,,

I am an addicted, loyal, fan.

it's been 3 weeks since I purchased a set of spellbinders,,,,,,

and I am having the DTs

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to CommaHolly

For me it's all about the design and costs. I purchased by Grand Calibur because of all of the die cutting companies, I like the Spellbinder dies overall the best. I now have 10 sets. AND, it is also compatible with a bunch of other dies. I think it satisfies my needs. The punch does not seem to have as much going for it. If I did get one I would definitly get the electrical cord.

Spellbinders
New Kid On the Block
Spellbinders
In response to CrimsonMama

Thank you friends! This has been a great discussion. We appreciate all of your input. For those of you who feel as if your Presto Punch doesn't work as it should... our customer service reps are excellent at what they do. It's feedback from threads like this... both positive and negative that have helped to guide us in becoming your go-to brand for die cutting. xo

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics