Username Post: should I wait, or scrap now?        (Topic#1574459)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Hey, all--

I am making an album of my mother's recent move from the house she's had for 16 years. I was getting supplies on Amazon.com and thought I'd look at what they have for nesties. There were 2 that I just HAD to have, and there was a note by each saying, "one left in stock. Order now." So I ordered them. Then I got an e-mail saying they are out of stock and I won't get them until May 24-June 6. These are my first sets, and I really, really want to use my nesties in the album.

My question: do I go ahead and scrap without the nesties? Or do I wait to finish the album? The waiting would be tough! Should I go to HL or some such place and buy another set of nesties (but I have blown all my scrappy money for the month--yes, already!) Any input would be appreciated!

Kim

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to jaspernonyx

Kim,
I just had something similar, but with stamps. The difference was that mine is a birthday mini and I had a timeline. I ended up making the mini without the stamps (still waiting for them) and I am delighted with the finished project - even without the stamps. My advice is that if there isn't a real deadline then wait. Otherwise, make the project without the nesties - only you will know they are missing.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to theellenbee

If you really want to use them but don't want to wait just do what you can until they come in. Pick out papers, sketch out pages, etc

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to MrsAnnieS

I have 4 pages of the album complete w/o nesties. Since I have never used nesties b4, it's hard for me to conceptualize what a page with nesties might look like.

The only time limit I will have is that I want to get the album done by the end of the month. I start CNA training June 6, and it's going to be a tough 5 weeks. i'd like to have the album done by then, but with ETAs being May 24-June 6, that won't work.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

do the album without the nesties,,,,only you will know, as mentioned, and it sounds like you have a time frame you need to stick with.

And congrats on the nesties,,,,,,,,welcome to the dark side,,,BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA HAHA.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to CommaHolly

I think you guys are right--no one but me will know the nesties aren't there. It's just that I have been itching terribly to use them...

thanks,
Kim
Products Referenced in This Post:

cshortel
Guru
cshortel

You can use your nesties in your next project. In my experience the longer you wait, the less chance that project is ever going to get done. Do it while the enthusiasm is fresh.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to cshortel

• cshortel Said:
You can use your nesties in your next project. In my experience the longer you wait, the less chance that project is ever going to get done. Do it while the enthusiasm is fresh.

this

(and whatever you do, don't start taking Nestie advice from Holly ... she'll have you drooling like an addict on the street corner for whatever new sets are out ... I say this from personal experience )

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to madmatter

looks like we have a Holly in the making with all those Nesties ordered!!!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Ohio4HMom

I didn't have all those nesties listed in my post--someone added them!

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom

OH!

I was thinking NO WONDER she spent her whole months worth of scrap $ already

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to Ohio4HMom

I'd rather wait to buy the embellishments that i want rather than rush a project just to complete it. I've got a project that's been waiting six years while i try to find ther perfect purple ribbon.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to cescrapper

I am working on a Veteran's Day layout on the cruise ship and ordered some diecut poppies on line. The cruise line gave us all poppie pins (brass with gold paint on flowers) to wear on Veteran's Day but I want the bigger poppy diecut for my page. I still have about 5 more pages before I get to that one so it should be here about the right time.

If something I've ordered is specific to that page and it isn't likely I'll use it anywhere else, then I wait. If it is something I will use on other layouts and it won't just be wasted, then I go ahead and do my page.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Henri Jean

And I'm the impatient sort.....if there's something that I REALLY want, I would go out and get it (enabler, sorry!)
I just know myself...I would cancel the on-line order and go to my local Ms or LSS and buy them, or order from another source and get them quick.
I always have a hard time waiting for something that I have my heart set on....

Alison

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to kiyawinn

I buy everything on-line b/c i do not drive, and I don't want to jerk the boyfriend's chain and make him drive me around for stuff. I haven't driven since 1999: i said I would not drive until I could afford a decent car. My cars have all been pieces of ********, and you never know what will happen next...

Well, to go to the closest Hobby Lobby, it requires a bus transfer, which means it could be an all-day ordeal. But maybe if I ask my boyfriend Pretty please, he'll take me to HL.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Good news! I just got an e-mail from Amazon.com saying that my nesties have shipped! The Clever Lever punch that I ordered has shipped too, along with a small stack of "earth tone" inks (have never used nesties or ink b4--will look in the gallery for inspiration). I can't wait to get them!

That's not the first time Amazon has said there would be a delay with something, only to turn around a few days later and ship it out. Problem solved!

Kim

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics