Username Post: er Heavy duty punches        (Topic#1574461)
lantana
Idol
lantana

I'm asking this for a watercolor/cardmaker artist friend...she is looking for punches that will work on 140# paper...heavier than cardstock. I'm not familiar with that. Is she going to have to go with a die cutting machine and what kind?

gine
gine 
Veteran
gine
  • gine on 05-02-12 08:48 AM
In response to lantana

I would go with a Sizzix or Cuttlebug die cutting system, I do not thing the punches will work for that such paper

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to gine

Most bigger punches with not that much detailing, should work. I use nothing below 160gr and mine punch thru them. It's the thin papers that give me problems. The detailed punches wont work as they too fine but the basic shapes should be ok.
We have the Carl and Fiskars punches here and also the EK Success Whale punches along with some other store brand punches. Me mum is a punch fanatic and will create just about anything with them.

When not sure, go for the die cutting machines to be on the safe side.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to TheCharmedOne

I've broken more punches just using cardstock! (Especially Fiskars brand) I wish they would make something heavier. I'd be willing to pay a lot more per punch if I had something that would cut through cardstock without breaking.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to dwelch

I love my Big Shot for cutting shapes from heavier papers, fabrics, veneer, thin metals, sponge, foam, felt etc.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Kim222 on 05-03-12 10:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics