Username Post: Scrapbook expo        (Topic#1574589)
LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

Has anyone gone to this years expo (or in the past)?

Did you attnd classes and/or crops?

Are the deals on the floor really good?

SBE is coming to Chicago at the end of august and I'm wondering how I should spend my time (and pennies).

TIA!!!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to LesleyC

I usually go every year except it doesn't come to my area til the summer. I've taken classes before and cropped, but the past few years, I've just gone and shopped.

To me, the vendor shopping has gotten smaller over the years and it's a lot of privately owned business vendors versus the big companies. I still enjoy going though cause I go with my sister and we make a day of shopping... go the expo in the morning, lunch out and then to a couple of other scrapbook stores in the area and other stores.

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to t-scraps

I went the CK convention in Portland this year. It was a lot smaller then in the past couple of years. I was a little disappointed.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to momtokatie

I WAS gonna go to the one in Orlando this year...but then bought a Cricut Imagine instead

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I went to the one that came to Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago. It was the first here and the first time I attended anything crafty related so I don't have anything to compare it to. I found great deals on bling, stamps, ribbon and some embellishments. However, some of the TH stuff was WAY over priced! I took a set amount of money and did not come home broke, but I got a decent amount of things. I do regret not going back to one particular vendor because they had bling flourishes for $1!

I also attended a workshop. It was really fun. I think it was worth going. I am looking forward to the next one.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to HisGEM

I have been attending them for several years. The first three expos I attended, I took classes and really enjoyed them because I had just gotten into scrapping but now I just shop. You can get deals but I find that I am more selective now that I have a ton of stash and so do not spend as much as I did when I first started attending them (1st year I attended - $300, last year - $70).

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to prittb

I was at the convention in Portland too!

I found plenty to buy! It was a much smaller number of vendors than when I went a couple years ago. I just love to shop - didn't take any classes.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to HisGEM

• HisGEM Said:
I went to the one that came to Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago. It was the first here and the first time I attended anything crafty related so I don't have anything to compare it to. I found great deals on bling, stamps, ribbon and some embellishments. However, some of the TH stuff was WAY over priced! I took a set amount of money and did not come home broke, but I got a decent amount of things. I do regret not going back to one particular vendor because they had bling flourishes for $1!

I also attended a workshop. It was really fun. I think it was worth going. I am looking forward to the next one.

I went to this one in Milwaukee too on April 20th it was a Friday. It was my first time going to it and I had lots of Fun..I went with My friend who is on here as" Squirmys mom, we bought lots of cool things. We did a Free Jewelry Make and take and My friend bought lots of embossing powders. And I agree with you the Bling Flourishes and Butterfly vendor had really cool things for a Dollar,,they even gave us a free Micky mouse bag for spending over 25 dollars.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 05-14-12 12:14 PM
In response to armygirl

There is an expo coming to Arlington, TX in a couple of weeks and I plan on going. This will be my first one. Super excited!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to armygirl

• armygirl Said:
  • HisGEM Said:

I went to this one in Milwaukee too on April 20th it was a Friday. It was my first time going to it and I had lots of Fun..I went with My friend who is on here as" Squirmys mom, we bought lots of cool things. We did a Free Jewelry Make and take and My friend bought lots of embossing powders. And I agree with you the Bling Flourishes and Butterfly vendor had really cool things for a Dollar,,they even gave us a free Micky mouse bag for spending over 25 dollars.

I got the candy girl bag LOL! I also went on that Friday, but I went solo. I wanted to do a make and take, but I just did the workshop instead. Glad you had a good time!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to HisGEM

I live like 20 min from Springfield IL (the state capital) and we get nothing here! Everything is hours north in chicago or hours down to southern IL. I so wish we'd get a scrapbook expo close! Some day when I have a better car maybe then I can make the trip. Hope you have lots of fun!!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Cindyckj

I used to go to Ck's St Louis every year haven't in a few years, Went to Cincinnati CK this year and it was a bust!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Sneezy1956

Might have to check out that St. Louis one. Still at least 2 hours away. lol

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to Cindyckj

There are 4 of us from Abilene going to convention on that Thursday.
We go up there and stay at a house and scrapbook for 4 days after we go walk around convention. FUN

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics