Username Post: cards with flowers etc.        (Topic#1574611)
Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 05-04-12 10:35 AM

I have never made a card before (unless you count with crayons when I was little, lol).
I see so many with pretty flowers and things with a bit of dimention, my question is how do you put them in an envelope to mail them? don't they get mashed?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cinj

I put mine in flexible plastic re-sealable envies, place a piece of cs over top of the card to protect the emebellies,,,,

write HAND CANCEL PLEASE on it,,,,,,

and add 20 cents extra postage for the hand cancelling.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

some people also use bubble envies with good success, but they require more postage.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Holly, is there anyway you could post a picture of one of those envelopes? My poor little mind is not comprehending what you're talking about. Thanks!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to flintridgescrapper

I use bubble envelops for cards that have a lot of embellishments on them. never had complaints about them being smashed. For cards that dont have much on them, I use regular envelops.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to TheCharmedOne

bubble envelopes here, too. Get them at the dollar store. If I get one in the mail, I save it so I can use it again. You can save small bubble wrap and use it in a large yellow envelope. You can use sheets of cardboard cut to size. I have used paper towels, and slim plastic packages that come from packaged items. Expect to pay additional postage.

Edited by pinkpaperairedale on 05-06-12 02:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I use card boxes for my thicker cards... again additional postage.

Resident
In response to must_love_paper

Does anyone know how to use flocking powder? Do you need special glue?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• flintridgescrapper Said:
Holly, is there anyway you could post a picture of one of those envelopes? My poor little mind is not comprehending what you're talking about. Thanks!

Here you go Judy,,,,,sorry, I was busy over the weekend, but I have the pics up now!

plastic envies pic for judy By CommaHolly

plastic envies for Judy By CommaHolly

You would put the postage on the OUTSIDE of the plastic envie (they are approved by USPS for mailing)

I place the card inside the envie, a piece of cs over the card front with the address on it,,,,,,and write HAND CANCEL PLEASE on the envie.

hand cancelling costs an additional 20 cents.

this protects the embellies.

I got the envies on EBAY, pretty cheap,,,,,I buy them in 100 lot bulks.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Oh, they have many different sizes,,,,,but I buy 5x7 for my rectangle cards,,,,,,

and I buy 6x6 for my square cards.

It doesn't matter if they are a little big,,,,,,,I like them a bit big, because they have more room for embellies that way.

Edited by CommaHolly on 05-07-12 05:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

they are also great for selling cards,,,,,they fit the card and an envelope quite well. The seal peels open and recloses easily.

Edited by CommaHolly on 05-07-12 05:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Thank you so much, Holly. Are they box shaped or are they more like an envelope? I can't tell. Sorry to bug you but since I know you mail so many, I figured you'd have the best solution.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

they are flat like an envelope,,,but much more flexible than envelopes,,,,

PM me your addy and I'll send you a couple to try!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Oh, Holly, you're a doll! PM sent.

Edited by flintridgescrapper on 05-07-12 09:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'll get them out tomorrow, Judy!

Cinj
Cinj 
Expert
Cinj
  • Cinj on 05-14-12 09:06 AM

Holly those are neat. They look stronger than paper envelopes too.
I just sent my first card to my mom for mother's day and she said the card made it but the envelope was beat up. I forgot to write "hand cancel" on it.
Thanks for telling us about those they will be a necessity for christmas cards.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Cinj

yes, they are much stronger than paper envies,,,,,,,really cheap if you buy in bulk, and have handled just about every lumpy, bumpy card I've ever made.

Becky.contact
New Kid On the Block
Becky.contact

Hello,

Great question! I was wondering the same thing. I usually use a larger envelope to mail cards with lots of embellishments, but I should probably try the plastic envelopes and some bubble for protection too.

Thank you and best wishes, Becky

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Becky.contact

If I'm using a "regular" envelope to send an embellished card, I place the embellishments to the back of the envelope. Then after it's sealed and addressed, I run a couple strips of clear packing tape over the areas where the embellishments are. That keeps the envelope from tearing in the postal machines.

Diva
In response to dwelch

I will use a bigger envelope and probably pieces of cardboard to protect the card so it will not be bended at all.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics