Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Papers for scrapping little boys?        (Topic#1574721)
idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

What paper/packs have you used to scrap pages of boys that are toddler age? I don't want nursery or baby boy stuff and can't seem to find much here.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to idlewoman

I am making a book for my friend's son's first 5 years (he's 4 now). I haven't found much by way of boy-themed papers that I liked, so I just use solid, dark and "masculine" colored paper and embellish with stickers of trucks, zoo animals, stars, etc that are easier to find. Since it is about his first 5 years, I have baby boy paper for his baby pictures. It's a darling pack that I got at Tuesday morning for .99. Don't remember the name of it.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to jaspernonyx

My Mind's Eye "Twinkle Twinkle Little Boy is a good one, It has blues and browns with dots, stripes and plaids and lots of stars. Very little boyish, but not so babyish. The pad is marked 2009, but I think I bought mine at HL last year.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jaspernonyx

I like Echo Park "A Boy's Life"
Products Referenced in This Post:

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-05-12 01:32 PM
In response to CommaHolly

I was going to suggest EP as well. I like Note To Self and This and That Charming. Both are masculine lines and not babyish.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to IzzyB

Another vote for Echo Park here. I also just ran across a K & Company pad that is called Rough and Tumble which is great for toddlers and pre-kindergarten.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to scarlet864

Paper Studio 'Boys and Their Toys,' Echo Park pads, 'Three Bugs in a Rug' collections, DCWV has some and is currently creating more stacks for boys. Those are the ones I use the most.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Lamoo12

One of my favorite collections for boys is by Fancy Pants --
Rough & Tough.

tchk 
Tenant
  • tchk on 05-06-12 09:03 AM
In response to ncyankee

Btt

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to tchk

Echo Park, Fancy Pants, My Mind's Eye, and BoBunny all make great lines for little boys. There are more but these are easily accessible and a great place to start.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to runzalot81

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now I know where to start!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to idlewoman

Let me be the 27th to suggest Echo Park.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I found a great pack called. "Animal Crackers" at joann's on the clearance rack a few months ago n I love it, but i cant remember the brand. I use lots of brights for my toddler boy, n pink when I can, just because its my favorite color.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
Let me be the 27th to suggest Echo Park.

Ummm...27th...this wouldn't be considered spam would it? (Definitely "just kidding"!)

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to mrsdriver5

Nah....'cause then I'd have to mop myself, and things would go downhill from there!

michelley2002
Resident
michelley2002

DCWV has a pad that is Stripes, Dots, and Plaids which I use a lot of for my little man-though there are some pinks in that pad. The coordinating card stock pad has lime green, navy, teal, and red that I also use a lot of. There is also a boy pad at walmart (I forget what their brand is called) that has some great papers with dinosaurs, gears, and bicycles in it.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to michelley2002

Think about some of the Basic Grey too it's got a manly feel.

Nana Jules
Tenant
Nana Jules
In response to Sneezy1956

I scrap my twin grandsons tons. If you look in my gallery, you can see what worked and (lol) what didn't. I've been scrapping the little guys for the last two years and now I have to get use to PINK...they have a baby sister!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Nana Jules

I have been using the Me&My Big Ideas Baby Boy paper pack. It has a few babyish prints but most work well on toddler boy pages. I got it at Michael's.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to olleharr

Here are a few to get you started. The trick I have found is to really keep your mind open to ALL collections. Collections I might have dismissed because it looked girly might have a few sheets that are perfect for boys. I have used a brown and cream floral pattern to mix with a stripe pattern on a train page.

Focus on colors you need and keep an open mind. I have two boys if they are out in nature then I will use a floral, butterflies and dragonflies but with masculine paper.

Thanks for asking it gave me a chance to browse the store again!

Edited by jaxxan on 05-07-12 03:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics