Username Post: Hands free kit trouble        (Topic#1576117)
Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead

Once I get the device in the collar, it doen't cut at all. Not even so much as a scratch on the paper. It cuts fine without the magnetic collar. I've tried changing the blade depth, but that doesn't seem to help. (It was already at 5 anyway).

It is in the depressed side of the collar, there really is no way to put it on the other side.

Inside the corners of the collar are slightly smaller depressions. That is, the device would sit lower in the collar if it would fit into these inner depressions. But mine is too big. I tried to see if there was something on the device to take off to make it fit, but no, the only removeable thing is a flexible silicon or plastic foot that does not make it smaller.

Any other tricks?

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to Melonhead

If it is new, I'd return and exchange. You should not be having so much trouble.

I had a similar problem this past weekend, set up my Slice with the hands free...would not cut ...then discovered I still had the li'l plastic stand still on. as our IT guy would say, user error.

Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead
In response to mjmone

Well, it's not new, I bought it slightly used off of eBay.

I lowered the blade with the little wrench, and it is cutting now, but maybe too deep, since it now wants to get up and move, collar or not. Perhaps I shouldn't try to cut cardstock with it.

I'll keep adjusting.

Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead
In response to Melonhead

OK, I thought I'd come back and confess. I did not know that you dropped the collar down OVER the Slice, I thought you put the collar down and set the Slice into it.

Color me embarassed.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Melonhead

• Melonhead Said:
OK, I thought I'd come back and confess. I did not know that you dropped the collar down OVER the Slice, I thought you put the collar down and set the Slice into it.

Color me embarassed.

LMBO... That's something I would do too!!!!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to debby_westbrook

How are you enjoying it now that it's working?

Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I confess, I have been ignoring it for months since I got my Big Shot.

Maybe it's time to get it out again for a bit. It was an investment, after all.

I like it fine if I don't need super-accurate placement on the paper, but with the Big Shot, I can see and control exactly where the cut will be.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics