Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: the thrill of using an odd embellie        (Topic#1576159)
jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

I love buying those collections of chipboard embellies, but invariably there are one or two that I don't think I will ever use. Well, one package I bought had a chipboard comb in it. A comb? But recently, I was doing a LO of my mom, my boyfriend and me early in the morning, toasting her new house with coffee. I journaled that we all still had "bed head," and wouldn't you know? The comb worked perfectly!

Anyone else find uses for embellies they don't think they will use?

Kim

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to jaspernonyx

I generally figure out I could have used it after NOT using it for a year and then getting rid of it.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
I generally figure out I could have used it after NOT using it for a year and then getting rid of it.

This & exactly!

It's part of the Murphy's Law of Scrapbooking!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

When it comes to chipboard, I'd say, a snorkel set, by Scenic Route.

I don't scuba.
I didn't know anyone who is a diver.
However, now I live on an island & guess what everyone learns & loves to do?
Snorkel & dive.

In the end, it was nice to be able to use it. However, I think I had it in my stash for a good 3 or 4 years.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to KellyCali

I have some basketball that I know I won't use so I am giving them to a friend who has a son who plays. I bought the set for the high tops only but I REALLY wanted those high tops!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to CrimsonMama

Why do they even make some of those weird shapes, like a comb?! Some of the weirder ones I have are a high top shoe and a cassette tape. Glad to hear you've found a use for the comb!

Tenant
In response to cindy312

I purchased some stickers for a scrapbook I did for my Dad and daughter. It was a page about our cottage at the lake so it had a canoe, oars, fishing rod, fish, etc. etc. I used part of it (the campfire) but I don't see how I will ever use the rest. We don't have the cottage and no one in my family fishes.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Debra Murdock

Now if I could find a use for an empty bird cage...or a spoon

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-08-12 10:58 AM

Spoon should be fairly useful, I'd think, but I'm a little obsessed with food Something to do with ice cream perhaps.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

bird cages are very popular,,,,,you find them on embellies, stickers, die cuts, paper, etc.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to stick

Yeah! Ice cream! Perfect. I could scrap my addiction to Kemp's Black Jack Cherry ice cream. Doesn't last long around our house...

Comma Holly--I see birdcages on stuff and I try to avoid them. I don't see a use for them.

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-08-12 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee

When I got married, we used an old painted bird cage to hold the cards everyone brought. So, I'll use a bird cage embellie when I do my wedding album... which I WILL do... eventually... I promise!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to scrappitydee

I know how it is to not have a special album done yet. I have started an album of my boyfriend and me being together for 20 years--the problem is that the 20th anniversary was in 2010! I posted this fact a long time ago, and another poster said just try to have it done for our 25th!

Glad you have use for a bird cage!

Kim

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I could use the bird cage and spoon! And have! And a fork, teapot, ummm...dress forms, owls...no embellie is off limits!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to Manda_K

I guess I just don't have the imagination or creativity that others do. I can see myself using the teapot, though. Maybe I can challenge myself to use the embellies that I think I have no use for.

That's how I am with stickles, too. No imagination.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
I could use the bird cage and spoon! And have! And a fork, teapot, ummm...dress forms, owls...no embellie is off limits!

Manda has the artistic ability I admire and lack - using any random embellie on any LO and having it turn out beautifully and look like the embellie belongs.

I will just continue to admire her great work and put the the comb embellie back in the envelope until I do a 1st haircut page or something hair related

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I don't scuba.
Snorkel & dive.
In the end, it was nice to be able to use it. However, I think I had in my stash for a good 3 or 4 years.

If I get rid of some snorkel embellies, will I get to live on an island? (Please say yes!)
It sounds from reading the posts as if a swap may be in order for some of you....Could be fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to GemGirl

• GemGirl Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
I don't scuba.
Snorkel & dive.
In the end, it was nice to be able to use it. However, I think I had it in my stash for a good 3 or 4 years.

If I get rid of some snorkel embellies, will I get to live on an island? (Please say yes!) It sounds from reading the posts as if a swap may be in order for some of you....Could be fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Birdcages can be incorporated in a number of things. Especially so, for vintage & heritage type projects (One of my most favorite shapes!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

As far as spoons go, I would say the same categories (vintage & heritage), along with Mother's Day & recipe/cookbook type projects!

* A Spoonful of Sugar
* We Go Together (Spoon & Fork)
* Spoon, Haircurlers & Rollingpin (Momma Love or Happy Anniversary)
* Thanks For Dinner
* Get Well Soon (include medicine bottle)
* Baby Rock Band (include apron, pots & pans)
* Silver Spoon

Hope that helps!

Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics