Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: the thrill of using an odd embellie        (Topic#1576159)
runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to KellyCali

When my little boy went through a phase of investigating the kitchen cabinets and pulling everything out, he made a track with all the pots, pans, and spoons. Thus, I was EVERYWHERE looking for matching embellishments. They were hard to find in 2008! I should do that LO again. Oooooh, SHOPPING!

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to runzalot81

Sounds like a cute LO!

Yeah, if you're searching for different embellies, you won't find any...Once I was looking for airplane stickers, simple enough, right? Wouldn't you know I couldn't find them in any of the stores near me! The places I went to either never had them or had sold out of them right when I needed them. I didn't want to spend $10 on a pack of stickers, so I wouldn't buy them online.

Kim

Edited by jaspernonyx on 05-08-12 03:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to jaspernonyx

Don't have 'em when you need 'em
When you don't need 'em, they're everywhere!

As far as odd embellies....I usually get rid of mine every year (with a lot of other stuff). I'm a purger....and I love to make room to buy more!
I could use the cassette tape chipboard....I was looking for some stuff from the 70s/80s for my book of me......

Alison

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to kiyawinn

I thought the same thing about the cassette tape chipboard. I was a teenager in the 80s, and I finished my book of the 1980s (complete with leg warmers, Duran Duran, mullets, and big hair). That was a fun book to make!

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC

How about those odd words and phrases?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • Manda_K Said:
I could use the bird cage and spoon! And have! And a fork, teapot, ummm...dress forms, owls...no embellie is off limits!

Manda has the artistic ability I admire and lack - using any random embellie on any LO and having it turn out beautifully and look like the embellie belongs.

I will just continue to admire her great work and put the the comb embellie back in the envelope until I do a 1st haircut page or something hair related

Awww, you are too sweet!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
Why do they even make some of those weird shapes, like a comb?! Some of the weirder ones I have are a high top shoe and a cassette tape. Glad to hear you've found a use for the comb!

LOL - on the post just prior to yours someone commented they bought a set JUST because they wanted the high top shoe.

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to dwelch

i pass them off in my Ugly Challenge swap. Or swap them with a friend who has something I want and I have something she wants. This would actually make a really great 'reduce, reuse, recycle' type of swap....

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
  • cindy312 Said:
Why do they even make some of those weird shapes, like a comb?! Some of the weirder ones I have are a high top shoe and a cassette tape. Glad to hear you've found a use for the comb!

LOL - on the post just prior to yours someone commented they bought a set JUST because they wanted the high top shoe.

I know! Funny! I was obviously still typing while she responded because her post wasn't there when started writing mine.

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to KellyCali

I am making a LO of my great-grandfather coming to America from Norway on a ship. He was 17, alone, and didn't know a word of English. I am happy to be able to use my "anchor" embellie--now I am looking for the perfect patriotic/flag embellies or stickers. I might also include a ship. I have seen many, but not some that I like enough to buy yet.

Feel free to shoot any recommendations my way regarding patriotic/flag embellies.

Kim

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

• jaspernonyx Said:
I am making a LO of my great-grandfather coming to America from Norway on a ship. He was 17, alone, and didn't know a word of English. I am happy to be able to use my "anchor" embellie--now I am looking for the perfect patriotic/flag embellies or stickers. I might also include a ship. I have seen many, but not some that I like enough to buy yet.

Feel free to shoot any recommendations my way regarding patriotic/flag embellies.

Kim

Reminisce?

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx
In response to KellyCali

I saw a LO that used an empty bird cage (that was my problem with this embellie--the fact that the cage is empty). All you have to do is buy those bird images and put it on top of the cage! duh! Got this from Scrappin 2, and it looks nice.

Kim

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:

Oh, are those from the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend collection? Love some of the stuff in that line!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • cindy312 Said:

Oh, are those from the Cosmo Cricket Boyfriend collection? Love some of the stuff in that line!

No, it's BG Obscure. Which is accurate- they're pretty obscure!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics