Username Post: Calling all those who print at home!        (Topic#1576323)
ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162

What type of paper do you use?? thnx

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Do you mean brand? whatever is on sale for matte or glossy paper, I have some of both.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Tina scraps

I print all my photos on my Epson Stylus Photo 1400 and I only use Epson's 5 Star photo paper. I've tried cheaper paper, but the photos either fade or do not have the quality I want. A little expensive, but I feel I get better quality that having them printed anywhere else.

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Mother Goose

Paper has a huge impact on the print quality. I tend to favor Inkpress and Red River papers in my Epson. I love the Red River ultra pro satin and polar matte. I also really like the Inkpress warm tone rag paper.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
Do you mean brand? whatever is on sale for matte or glossy paper, I have some of both.

Yes, by brand; sorry if I didn't make it clear!

Nikki Dee
Resident
Nikki Dee

I use the HP advanced photo paper. I have a HP and it usually comes free with the cartridges.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to Nikki Dee

That sounds like an amazing deal!! I need more paper... maybe I'll go get some

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

I use kodak paper glossy paper. I usually buy the 4x6 and the 8x10 paper. At Wal Mart but it seems like my Wal Mart doesn't carry Kodak paper anymore just the Kodak Ink. So, guess I'll have to buy it on the Kodak site or amazon when I run out of photo paper. I have the all in one Kodak 3250 printer. It printers really good photos. It does go through color ink alot. But that only if I print out alot of photos. I but the double pack of two blacks and colors inks. I had my Kodak printer for 3 years now thinking of maybe someday getting the newer Kodak 7.1 printer or the new canon printer. But not sure yet.

Justie

Karenliz
Pro
Karenliz
In response to justartguy007

I use only Epson paper with my Epson printer. I've tried so many other brands trying to keep the cost down but I find those brands just don't look as nice.

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Karenliz

Something else that should be said here, a lot of how well different types of paper work with your printer depends on selecting the right profiles when you print. Sometimes that means downloading them from the paper manufactuer.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

I use HP Advanced with my HP printers, but I also have cheaper photo paper that I use for non-photos. I like to print out clip art or fun embellishments sometimes and if I'm not glitzing them up with stickles or something, they look nicer on even cheap photo paper. I seldom use the 4x6 paper since I usually resize my photos for lo's. I like the full size sheet and cram all kinds of pics/clipart/letters onto it before printing.

Polly McMillan
Expert
Polly McMillan
In response to mrsdriver5

I have an HP printer and only use the HP Premium Plus Photo paper. I'm super picky about the quality of my pics printed at home and this paper is by far the best. It costs more but is well worth it!

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Polly McMillan

I'm telling y'all... Red River and Inkpress papers. They're professional quality, developed by photographers and cost less in many cases than the manufacturers papers. I make a lot of fine art prints that need to be gallery quality and I guarantee you I'm pickier than any of you because my reputation relies on the quality of my prints.

Order a sample pack, download the correct ICC profies and try it yourself. You will never go back.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 07:36 AM
In response to Nikki Dee

• Nikki Dee Said:
I use the HP advanced photo paper. I have a HP and it usually comes free with the cartridges.

Really? Do you order online? I have an HP but have been picking my cartridges up at Staples so no deals there.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-06-12 07:37 AM
In response to photo_chick

• photo_chick Said:
I'm telling y'all... Red River and Inkpress papers. They're professional quality, developed by photographers and cost less in many cases than the manufacturers papers. I make a lot of fine art prints that need to be gallery quality and I guarantee you I'm pickier than any of you because my reputation relies on the quality of my prints.

Order a sample pack, download the correct ICC profies and try it yourself. You will never go back.

Where would one go to do this?

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to GMFTS

B&H carries Inkpress ( bhphoto.com ) and I order Red River straight from the company at redriverpaper.com .But you can also find them sometimes at local full service photography shops.

Diva

Use HP printer and paper. Sometime Kodak paper as well.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to bayamonesa1

I have a canon and only use canon paper!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-29-12 04:58 PM
In response to Debbie2006

Danielle, what's the difference between Red River and Inkpress?

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to stick

• stick Said:

They're both great lines of paper, it comes down to personal preference I think. Personally I use both brands for different things. Like I like the Red River Ultra Pro Satin and thier Arctic Polar Matte, but when I want a warm rag paper or glossy I like the Inkpress. I also get my adhesive vinyl from Inkpress. That's why I get the sample packs so I can try out all the different types to see what works for me.

New Kid On the Block

Hello, I just wanted to put in my input about Red River paper. Until I went to their site, I never knew there were profiles for paper but info was invaluable. I also only used Epson printers and use their papers. I prefer matte. Then recently, I purchased HP 7510 and used their Advanced paper and it is gorgeous. I would always stay with the paper that belongs to the brand but my first love is Epson printers and their paper but HP is making me turn my head. Thanks for reading.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 10-02-12 09:28 AM

• photo_chick Said:
  • stick Said:

They're both great lines of paper, it comes down to personal preference I think. Personally I use both brands for different things. Like I like the Red River Ultra Pro Satin and thier Arctic Polar Matte, but when I want a warm rag paper or glossy I like the Inkpress. I also get my adhesive vinyl from Inkpress. That's why I get the sample packs so I can try out all the different types to see what works for me.

Excellent, thanks! I'll definitely check them both out.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics