Username Post: Want to start stamping!        (Topic#1576357)
scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee

So, I have a few stamps and a few inks, but really like some of the projects I've seen and the creativity available to stamping.

But, really, I'm a beginner and don't know just a lot about the ins and outs of stamping. I remember years ago finding out about different types of inks (archival vs pigment vs..??) but don't remember the differences now.

Mostly, I don't do cards, only wanting stamping for using as embellishment on my sb pages. I need/want to start inking all my edges, as well as stamping images and learning to color them in, plus fancy ink-on-stamp techniques.

Can anyone point me to some good tutorials or articles? I'd love to join as a rep with one of the stamp companies, but that's not going to happen this year for sure, and I live way out in the boonies where there aren't any reps within at least 20-30 miles. LOL So any help is appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Twinlets Mama
Mayor
Twinlets Mama
In response to scrappitydee

You're probably in a prime location then if you want to begin selling either stamping up or anything else out there, for that matter. As long as you know of other people that would buy it, you'll be styling!!

For me, its basically been learn as you go...a helpful tool i've come across when you want to ink edges is a sponge dauber. If you don't have one, just drag your paper across the ink pad. It has the same effect, just a little more refined.

I use SU inks, and I do believe they're water based dye inks. It washes off your hands super easy. I've also got a permanent stamp pad, for the times I might want to colour an image in. For that, I use my SU water colour pencils, though I'd LOVE to try out copic markers sometime.

that's all the info i've got...hopefully someone else can help you out a little more than me!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Twinlets Mama

My username on youtube is runzalot81. I do lots of quick videos on stamping

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to runzalot81

THanks ladies! (Sorry, stepped away for a hubby-cooked dinner! Woot!)

I was inking edges previously, just running the paper across the pad. I have 4 or 5 SU inks, and some cheap crappy ones that I think are probably throw-away ones now. :/ Was looking at ColorBox today, just for something to get my hands on that will work. I don't have any neutral shades!

And thanks Alissa! I'll look you up!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to scrappitydee

This will also be helpful
Types of Ink and their Properties

scrappitydee
Veteran
scrappitydee
In response to Here Kitty

Thanks Amy!